Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....Dealer Response

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

A key detail is how the remote start was setup to be initiated. We don't know that KEY piece of info. Was it a separate button on the FOB? Or was it like has been recently stated and was wired right in with the unlock key on the FOB.

These are critical details IMO and we just don't know.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:51 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Interesting read. This is definitively a good case that needs to be resolved in court.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

this thread is going nowhere fast.....
Old 03-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Listen, it's his car and the guy can do whatever he wants to do with it. As long as nothing is illegal and doesn't put lives in danger while in motion, what's the problem with it? He knows how it works, and he didn't install it to run over people on its own. The dealership should have asked about the modification. Your employee did it, therefore you are also responsible for it. Going around and points fingers on a message board is highly unprofessional. Whatever happened to "customer is always right"

You know, I'm quite sick of this. You, general managers and whatever you want to be called, do not have any sympathy towards anyone. The only thing you look out for, is your big overinflated salaries and bonus checks. Once you sell a car and meet your quota, you could give a **** about that customer anymore. Only on a few occasions, have I met owners and managers willing to go beyond the norm to make you feel satisfied. You sir, what you're doing is quite childish. If you claim to be who you are, shame on you. Instead of trying to figure out the problem and offer a solution, you do NOTHING but spit back at your customers.
But the way that it was installed does put lives in danger. This incident is a good example of if you bypass safety measures what can go wrong.

Why should the dealer have to ask? This was such an unusual modification and done in such a way that no dealer would suspect this modification was ever made. Dealers primarily deal with unmodified cars. Modified cars are the exception. If this modification was going to impact the way things are done out of the norm, then the car owner should have mentioned it. Owning a manual transmission car, you are taught to leave the car in gear while parked in case the emergency brake fails. Under this pretense, why would you install a remote starter in a manual transmission car anyways?

I'm not exactly a proponent for dealership service either. I take all my cars to a trusted mechanic that I have known for years and will not overcharge me. I also do believe that most dealerships will try to milk you out of your hard earned $'s in any way possible. However, given the facts stated from both parties would indicate more to me that the car owner didn't do his due diligence in communicating this unusual modification to the service writer when he should have.

"Customer is always right is overrated." If you spent any considerable amount of time working in retail business, you would not have this assumption. There was a time when "the customer is always right", however, over time...too many consumers that have abused this philosophy for personal gain have ruined it for those who truly deserve it.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Full Force

Look at it this way, if you were doing a side job on the car would you pay for it? I doubt it, yes the dealer has more money, but if buisnesses gave in to everyone with a problem they would REALY be making nothing, I have done alot of stupid things in life and blame myself, the problem with alot of people in this country is they want to blame someone but themselves for everything...

BTW, I am not a newbie but have not been here in a while, so I had to make a new name due to forgetting password and new email address...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Really.. I think these threads are just beating a dead horse now. Let them duke it out and deal with it. There is responsibility on both parties. Not really our beeswax anymore. There is still the missing crucial piece to the puzzle, but IMO, I'm sick and tired of all this arguing.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:20 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by howarmat
this thread is going nowhere fast.....
I usually don't get involved in threads like these but....

This is like a good mystery "who done it" movie... we want to get the facts, and reconstruct the crime, and find out who did it!

We need the key fob evidence!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:27 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

there are pics of the supposed keyfob in the other thread....i will dig them up
Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ss-clutch.html
In this thread stonr did the research on the car alarm/remote start that lucky used. and i agree with what stonr said about using the panic to find the car if you dont know where its parked
Old 03-26-2010, 02:37 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Finally the trurth comes out....
No wonder he had to pay the tow truck charge....
Or did he?

Quick Reply: Dealership drove my car into a pond. FMYLIFE....Dealer Response