Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: gt emblem or not
Awesome idea!
4.44%
Dumbest thing ever!
95.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Lame or Like

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 03:15 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Default Lame or Like

No need for flamethrowers, but I’m thinking when I get my 2011 V6 performance packaged Mustang of getting lower case “g” and “t” and putting those on the car.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Might as well put a garden snake on it instead of cobra...
Old 04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

LOL GTI tells me all, You gotta love those import guys!! LOL JT man, personally I would not do it, none the less it is illegal!
Old 04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

How about a V and a 6 instead? If you're ashamed of a V6 why buy one? It's not likely to fool anyone...
Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTI-Guy
No need for flamethrowers, but I’m thinking when I get my 2011 V6 performance packaged Mustang of getting lower case “g” and “t” and putting those on the car.
Just remember to add jr. after the g & t hahahahaha. Seriously, why? With 305hp, dual exhaust sticking out the back, the 2011 V6 speaks for itself IMO
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Don't do it man.
Nothing is more laughable in the car world than ricing out the car.
I'd go to BMW meets with my tuned 335i's and you'd see guys with 325i's with M3 badges on it.
I once saw a guy with the old 318ti (hatchback version) with an M3 badge.
But the funniest is when people use emblems from OTHER cars and even OTHER manufacturers on their car.
I think I deleted the pics I took of it, but a guy at the Wendy's near my house had a red Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I sh-t you not he put a Ford Mustang running horse on the grill and those paste on Pep Boys side air vent gills.
Just too much, had to leave him a note thanking him for making me laugh. But hey, I've also seen minivans with huge rear wing spoilers put on their cars and a "Powered by Toyota" sticker on guess what....a Toyota minivan.
The Mexican Spinner wheels from Pep Boys always gets a huge laugh too.

Clearly, I think you know how I'd feel about you putting a "g" and a "t" on your new V6 Mustang.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
lostnight
2nd Gear Member

Just a few months ago someone at a stoplight in front of me in a red Chevy Aveo had the "325" numbers on the back of his car. Gee, I almost thought it was a BMW. Wish I had my camera handy.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Xcelsius
Might as well put a garden snake on it instead of cobra...
Good one!

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
LOL GTI tells me all, You gotta love those import guys!! LOL JT man, personally I would not do it, none the less it is illegal!
"Imports" are Asian, a GTI, BMWs, etc are "Euro's" ;-)

Illegal to hack up your car's emblems, how so?

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
How about a V and a 6 instead? If you're ashamed of a V6 why buy one? It's not likely to fool anyone...
I like being the "underdog" that's why I WANT the V6. Rather pleasing to challenge myself and pass higher powered cars on the track.

Originally Posted by 05gtdriver
Just remember to add jr. after the g & t hahahahaha. Seriously, why? With 305hp, dual exhaust sticking out the back, the 2011 V6 speaks for itself IMO
"gt jr" ... not bad. My intention is to have the most road course capable V6 Mustang out there. Why? For smiles within the Mustang community and questions from those outside

Think if you saw a BMW with a lower case "m" instead of "M." You'd come to the conclusion the driver had done mods but was running the "base" engine. Then, if that guy passed you on the track, then maybe you'd pay attention to how the guy was preserving momentum rather than mashing the throttle to make up for lost ground.

Again, in my humble opinion, 300 HP is all a skilled driver needs power wise.

Originally Posted by Driver72
I once saw a guy with the old 318ti (hatchback version) with an M3 badge.
See above, I'd be in favor of it being a lower case "m"

Originally Posted by lostnight
Just a few months ago someone at a stoplight in front of me in a red Chevy Aveo had the "325" numbers on the back of his car. Gee, I almost thought it was a BMW. Wish I had my camera handy.
Yep, I do have to say that is lame.

Thanks to the moderator (?) that changed this to a poll.

I figured this would irritate a lot of people, but my motivation is kinda' to promote the V6 2011 as a capable road couse weapon amongst the DE / HPDE crowd. Let's say I've been around the road course a few times (instructor, ex racer, play on a couple 24 Hours of Lemons teams), and people will assume I'm driving the GT, only when they see "gt" they may understand, "oh, the V6" ... "wow."

Hey, I'm not convinced I'll do this either, but the thought is def putting a smile on my face, so we'll see. It won't be a permanent attachement to the car, if that helps? :-)
Old 04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

GTI im sorry man you diverted my attention when you mentioned flamethrower and mustang in the same sentence LOL! My bad man! I would not do GT do v6 and i would leave it at that! just my 2 cents!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
GTI im sorry man you diverted my attention when you mentioned flamethrower and mustang in the same sentence LOL! My bad man! I would not do GT do v6 and i would leave it at that! just my 2 cents!
No worries, you have my respect for having the forums most "noteworthy" signature pic.

Quick Reply: Lame or Like