Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Motor on Saleen - Update 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Update:

Any thoughts on this?

FYI - The Courtesy Ford I am dealing with is located in Portland, OR.

Let's assume you only need a shortblock. If you could get them to agree to do the labor for free you could get out of this for under $1000.

Hammeron has a shortblock he will sell you. If for some reason he changed his mind I'm not that far away either and I'd give you the same deal he offered. Add in head gaskets, head bolts, other gaskets and seals and you are still under $1000.

They could tear into your motor and find a spun bearing. Best case the crank gets ground and new bearings go in. Guess what, you will be into it more than with a used shortblock.

I realize you have other options but this would be the cheapest. The best option of course would be a built shortblock.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:22 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I am currently composing a letter to the general managers and the used car manager im dealing with just explaining my story in writing so they have it and wont get it mixed up passing it from one person to the other, as well as outlining what I think should happen. It's all written politely, but I'm just saying that based on the used managers own admission there was a mix-up with the warranty, so Ford wont fix it. I said that I wanted something written that I wont be responsible for the diagnostic fees, and that they should step up and fix it, or allow me to fix it with the parts I want and split the costs.

Their general manager is quoted on the website as saying: "True success isn't measured in dollars, but in the trust of families, friends and customers. It's built on
ethical standards and a commitment to service. It’s keeping our word so people can trust what we say and have confidence in our honesty and integrity." So I am inviting them to earn my trust back as well as those who know the story thus far.

Anything you can think of that I should include in the email?
Old 04-13-2010, 07:22 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the info. The ESP still shows up on the Oasis. I don't know if it remains there forever, even if it was sold back. But this was the warranty on which the dealership sold the car. I suppose with it not in writing that the conditions of that warranty were promised to me, I might have a tough time, but hopefully they'll save a Ford customer and realize they made a mistake.

Considering what you said here, first thing in the morning, go to the source and find out the condition of the waranty. For all you know the dealer is back dating paperwork as you read this. Sure I'm a little doom and gloom in what I am saying now, but I just wouldnt trust them.

As for the block, the brenspeed block would be nice, or now with the price drop on the aluminator, you might be able to get a good deal on that too. Good luck, keep us in the loop.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

hope they treat you right

but have you talked to Ford directly about the ESP and if it exists or not? I do not trust Dealerships farther than I can see them
Old 04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

I can't possibly see Ford covering a warranty claim on the powertrain from a saleen installed blower. If the Saleen warranty was voided, most likely the Ford would follow.

Good luck, I hate reading all these headaches you've been through.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:17 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Call Ford, stop talking to the dealerships. If Ford says there is a warranty on the car, ask them how much to transfer it to your name. Get it transferred to your name, get documentation and a warranty # from Ford, go into the dealer and tell them to fix it under warranty, if they have a problem make THEM call Ford.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Well I spoke with a someone on the phone from a dealership (in Florida) who sells the extended warranties. I just googled Ford Extended warranty and picked the first random 1800 number that came up.

He said that warranties can be transfered if a person sells the car to another person, but when someone sells it back to the dealership (trade-in) they either refund the prorated cost of the warranty, or simply profit from it not being returned. He said the only way I would have that extended warranty is if I had bought the car from the previous owner directly.

If this is the case, I just have to bank that Courtesy will do right by me, and acknowledge that the engine had issues, and I had tried to get them addressed while under warranty.

If someone has a good warranty number for Ford directly, could they share? I am about an hour away from my car, and thus, my owners manual.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Well I spoke with a someone on the phone from a dealership (in Florida) who sells the extended warranties. I just googled Ford Extended warranty and picked the first random 1800 number that came up.

He said that warranties can be transfered if a person sells the car to another person, but when someone sells it back to the dealership (trade-in) they either refund the prorated cost of the warranty, or simply profit from it not being returned. He said the only way I would have that extended warranty is if I had bought the car from the previous owner directly.

in yo face Tylus! lol

Last edited by JDWalton; 04-13-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Lol.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Why do I get this ominous feeling you are going to get the screw put to you?

Quick Reply: Blown Motor on Saleen - Update 2