Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun Filled Weekend: 2 Shows and a Commercial Shoot!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 04:40 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Default Fun Filled Weekend: 2 Shows and a Commercial Shoot!!!!

OK lets see, Ill try to keep this short and not long winded.....

first on Saturday I went to the monthly Carldbad meet, here are some pics.....
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rrobel...bum?.dir=/32f1

afterwards SurfnSoCal and myself went back to my place and polished up our valve covers, we took his off and were running out of time so I did mine on....
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rrobel...bum?.dir=/7daf
here are mine (you can see my new JBA Cat4Wards in some of the pics that were installed last Monday).....

then on Sunday I went to the Main Street America Car Show on the Embarcadero hosted by the Corvette Club and it was awesome, lots of really cool cars and way too many to take pics of all of them, I definately didnt have enough space on my digital for them all, but here is what I did get.....
http://surfnsocal.com/gallery/Main-S...erica-Car-Show

then, and this is the coolest part, yesterday my car was in a commercial shoot for Direct Wheels in Los Alamitos CA, it will be aired 324 times on MTV, ESPN CLASSIC, SPIKE TV, and THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL, during shows like Moster Garage, Pimp My Ride, HP TV, Car and Driver TV (that whole powerblock), and other shows on those channels like these listed. My car will be the center piece of the commercial, they had a model drive the car in and then it shows her talking to the owner of the company then driving off with the new 20" Axis wheels (not my cup of tea but thats what they chose to show off) along with a montage of other clips of the shop and us shopping (so I might be in it too) and the other cars in the show room and out front, the poor girl (and my poor car) driving my car didnt know how to drive a stick, so I had 2 minutes to give her a crash (no pun intended) lesson, she surprisingly picked it up real quick, and the last take chirped the wheels and launched like she was drag racing....lol....here are the pics I took while there and I will post the vids I took as soon as I can upload them.....
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rrobel...bum?.dir=/9b31
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Fun Filled Weekend: 2 Shows and a Commercial Shoot!!!!

More than likely it will be shown on your local cable tv channel? Thats what they did when they made a commercial in June using our bike and my husband for a local Honda Dealership. Its airing on our local NBC station and all the biker type shows on local cable. So expect yours to be on local not national commercials...
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

Did you get to keep the wheels, for them using your car? If not, I hope you got paid then!

Dave...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

the commercial will be ran on the channels I listed during and around the shows that I listed, they already had it contracted out with the stations as part of their deal when paying to have this commercial made, they are a pretty large place, the suit behind the commercial part of the deal was their for most of it until he started to burn and he showed me their contract and the list of time slots, channels and shows of when it will air since they need to do that in advance and pay accordingly, it will be a 30 sec piece.

No I didnt get to keep the wheels, nor would I want to have, I thought they were hidious, but I did make some deals to get stuff like parts and services out of the whole thing, by the way if your looking for a shop to do some work on your stang or any domestic car for that matter give the guys at DPR a call 619-282-4DPR (4377) ask for Shaun and tell him you heard about them through Richard and posts about his 05 GT in a commercial or once the commercial airs and you see it then through that, they also sell parts so if your too far away you can get parts for your ride through them and they have good prices especially on JBA stuff.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

How did you polish them..

Sand Paper?

Electric Sander?

What was your process?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:29 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

What I mean is your commercials will probably be shown in your part of the state not nationally? Ours are being shown during shows Like Orange County Choppers, American Biker etc but still its local commercials you won't see it nationally. It be on our *** Cable customers (we aren't) and not on the satellite dish which has national commercials. Just wondering...
Old 08-03-2005, 06:16 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

I understood what you meant and I thought the same thing, but I was told that it would be showed nationally (I am thinking still in selected areas) the place is suppose to be the largest wheel retailer in the Western region (whatever that means) so I guess we will just have to wait and see, if you dont get it dont worry I will be getting a copy and I can post it.....

as for the polishing I left mine on as we took SurfnSoCals off and it wasnt really worth the time it took since we didnt have a dremel or any polishing tool, then it would've been worth it.....all I used was Mother's Billet polish and a rag, then a soft cloth to wipe off the residue, it worked real easily and took no time to get that shine, started working right away and wasnt hard at all. With them still on though it was difficult to get into the tight areas, I tried the mother power polish ball but that sucked, will make it easier if you disconnect the wires and cables to get them out of your way, I am creating a design I want to have done in that polished finish and then powder coat the rest to match my intake, I will remove the covers then but I am doing research into getting them coated.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Okay cool looking forward to seeing the videos, we got copies of two of the commercials, they said there were more and we think they gave us the ones for local tv not the cable ones. Figures huh we don't have cable so can't see em there either lol!
Old 08-04-2005, 03:40 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

bummer