Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mutha Thumpr Cams, Under Drive Pulleys, and CMCV Delete Plates with Custom Dyno Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:12 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Most videos I see the ***** Thumprs hit harder, but cameras and exhaust differ....

But, my Hot Rods hit hard and I'm 100% happy with them. I love the way they sound so much.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:30 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I've got LTs, offroad X, and mid-mufflers. The car sounds fantastic, and it hits hard.

My buddy dropped me off at the shop, then we went to go grab a quick brew. I left him behind on the interstate. Once we turned on the street to get to the bar, he was stopped at a light. I gunned it a few lights down. He said he could hear me with his windows rolled up. I thought that was pretty sweet.

As for the car being lopey at idle, all the guys at the shop were asking what kind of cam that I put in there. They all said it sounded like a big cam.

The video doesn't do it justice at all. The car is loud enough at idle to max out the mic on the camera. I may have to give Tombstang a call, and see if he can setup a quick audio recording.

To upload a video, just get a youtube account and upload it there. Then when the video is uploaded, it'll give you a link to the video. Just post the link directly in the reply box here on the forum, and TA-DA! Video.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Originally Posted by JasperGT
I've got LTs, offroad X, and mid-mufflers. The car sounds fantastic, and it hits hard.

My buddy dropped me off at the shop, then we went to go grab a quick brew. I left him behind on the interstate. Once we turned on the street to get to the bar, he was stopped at a light. I gunned it a few lights down. He said he could hear me with his windows rolled up. I thought that was pretty sweet.

As for the car being lopey at idle, all the guys at the shop were asking what kind of cam that I put in there. They all said it sounded like a big cam.

The video doesn't do it justice at all. The car is loud enough at idle to max out the mic on the camera. I may have to give Tombstang a call, and see if he can setup a quick audio recording.

To upload a video, just get a youtube account and upload it there. Then when the video is uploaded, it'll give you a link to the video. Just post the link directly in the reply box here on the forum, and TA-DA! Video.

Good to go, bro! Regardless, it sounds sweet! I'd like to hear it in person. Maybe one day i'll see a guy with ***** thumprs around Jacksonville, NC. I took a "spirited" drive up through Highlands, NC this morning with my mom of all people. She was actually encouraging me to drive the car hard! 16 miles of dippin and winding mountain roads! SOOO much fun!!! I might actually make the drive again and dash mount my video camera...
Old 05-09-2010, 06:45 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

I was up at Jay's shop yesterday and asked about your car (hadn't seen that you started a thread). He was pretty amazed that you picked up 50wheel! Damn nice gain. I'm sure you can def feel a difference on the butt-dyno. So when's the next trip to OSW?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
I was up at Jay's shop yesterday and asked about your car (hadn't seen that you started a thread). He was pretty amazed that you picked up 50wheel! Damn nice gain. I'm sure you can def feel a difference on the butt-dyno. So when's the next trip to OSW?
There is a definitely a difference in the butt-dyno for sure, and Jay's tune is awesome! There were some idling issues while coasting while in neutral, but cleaning the throttle body cleared that right up. I'm planning on going this Wednesday to OSW to see how she runs. Also, the guys from Stang Force should be there this week along with my buddy and his friends GTO. Seems like nobody could make it last week for one reason or another. You planning on going?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:46 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

I may be able to make it out there. I have to see if I'm golfing for work, we have a team in the ASCE league, which happens on wednesdays. If I don't, I'll prob head out there. My brother has been wanting to go out there a lot after he has put the latest mods on his 335.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
I may be able to make it out there. I have to see if I'm golfing for work, we have a team in the ASCE league, which happens on wednesdays. If I don't, I'll prob head out there. My brother has been wanting to go out there a lot after he has put the latest mods on his 335.
Nice. Let me know!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:37 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

sounds freaking awesome
Old 05-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

AmericanSpeed: You have a freak of a motor! 12.8 with CAI and tune?? I ran a 13.8 @ 108mph with Intake/Exhaust/Tune/4.10s. I couldn't launch though and I had to feather it going into 2nd because it would get sideways with the 255 Pilot Sports I was running.

How did you manage to get traction on those runs?? and What'd you launch at??
Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lupo222
AmericanSpeed: You have a freak of a motor! 12.8 with CAI and tune?? I ran a 13.8 @ 108mph with Intake/Exhaust/Tune/4.10s. I couldn't launch though and I had to feather it going into 2nd because it would get sideways with the 255 Pilot Sports I was running.

How did you manage to get traction on those runs?? and What'd you launch at??
Took a lot of consistent practice. Slip the clutch at around 2400rpm (a lot easier to control 3.55 gearing) and ease into the throttle. Biggest thing is lots of consistent practice.

Quick Reply: Mutha Thumpr Cams, Under Drive Pulleys, and CMCV Delete Plates with Custom Dyno Tune