Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have aftermarket rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tpjb57
what about Centric cross drilled and slotted rotors, lifetime warranty, zinc finish only $270 for all four rotors? anybody have any experience with these?
I have the standard Centric (no slots or holes) rotors on the rear of my '06 GT. I love them, the center part is black powder coated as well as the outer rim so no rust. Very high quality pieces.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:29 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

I have the Granatelli rotors for over two years. They work great but are a little noisy from the dimples.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:34 PM
NJ3
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NOLA26
Anybody hava the Granetelli rotors? They look really cool but Ive heard bad things about Granitelli.
Granetelli rotors are just EBC 3GD rotors. I had the EBC version for a while but like zkiller said they're noisy. I now have EBC USR slotted rotors and I'm much happier.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
NJBLK07GT
2nd Gear Member

Here are a shot of mine. Got them off ebay. (DST if I remember correctly) Had the option of black, red or silver powercoat. They do the hubs and center veins as well. Been on for about 800 miles now and no problems. Here are a few shots of the front and rears.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have aftermarket rotors?-cimg0012.jpg   Anybody have aftermarket rotors?-cimg0098.jpg  
Old 05-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know that we have our STILLEN sport rotors for both GT and GT500. All of our rotors are made in USA foundries and then machined, drilled, slotted, and high speed balanced right here in California. We silver zinc plate all of our rotors and always have them on the shelf ready to go. You can check them out here:

http://www.stillen.com/specials_american.asp

We are also a stocking distributor for Hawk, Mintex, Ferodo, and AP Racing brake systems.

Hit me up on PM or email if you have any questions!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Anyone have experience with the Centric ones that were mentioned?? I like the sound of a lifetime warranty against cracking and LOVE the looks of cross-drilled/slotted rotors...and for $270... damn!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:07 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

I had the decelarotors on my 05, drove them for 10K and loved them. No difference in brake perfoamcne, but my stock ones were warped. the looked fantastic and never rusted, got lots of complements. teh slotted and drilled rotors are more noisy than the stock ones.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:08 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

Brake squeek is usually caused by the outboard pad vibrating in the caliper. That's why it changes with brake application, and nearly reolved with hard braking.

Remove the pad, clean the pad and caliper well. Apply Permatex Disc Brake Anti-Squeal. Let it sit overnight. If that doesn't resolve it, then it's not the brakes.

A loose clamp on style wheel weight creates a squeek that icnrease with speed, but doesn't change with brake application.

Drilled rotors are for bling only. There's no performance advantage at all. If the e-bay seller is advertising a 35% increase in brake performance simply with driller rotors, he's lying. I wouldn't buy a box of paper clips from him. As mentione dbefore, they will crack fairly early, and you'll be replacing them often.

Slotting makes the brake rotor act like a cheese slicer. Every time the pad passes over the slots, it shaves away a small amount of pad material. During road racing that's a good thing. It prevents heat glazing and keeps a fresh surface on the rotor. On the street, it's not such a good thing. You'll get faster pad wear and more dust. And there's no advantage on the street. Just like drilling, slots are strictly for bling.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:56 PM
07blkgt62
1st Gear Member

I've had the Granetelli's for about 10 months now with no issue.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:08 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I used Rotorpro. Got all 4 drilled and slotted rotors, as well as all 4 brake pads for $300, shipped to the door. Didn't really see an increase in performance, but the look was much better, and for $300, the price was right. Included in that price was them painting the center part of the rotor. They didn't rust, but I did notice a black "glaze" from the pads on the finish. Nothing that stopped performance, but if you got really close you could see it on the shiny finish.

Quick Reply: Anybody have aftermarket rotors?