Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used 2011 GT with only 84 miles?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:21 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

well its something that happens..my last car I bought was a Toyota Xrunner..it was used but only had a 100 miles on it. this lawyer bought it. had it for a few days brought it back cause was to small and got a Tundra..then 2days later took that back and got a sequioa. So worked out for me cause when i got it I made them take more off cause it was used.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

It could be anything, but the financing falling through is pretty likely. It seems to already have some louvers and a blackout panel on it though. Maybe someone bought for a "toy" then got laid off or something right after. Very likely in this economy (thats why I sold my 09, I was laid off last year around this time).
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Musclejunkie

X Runner.....not to hijack this thread, but I dig your Mustang! Ususally do not care for / like black wheels, but your car looks mean with them.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Why not just ask them?
Old 10-09-2010, 08:41 AM
90stang5.0
2nd Gear Member

1/4 mile at a time would allow for 168 track runs (1/4 mile up and the drive back = 1/2 mile). Back on the trailer and back to the dealer. lol
Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VRFlip
Then the car wouldn't have been "sold" and wouldn't be considered "used", right?
That is correct. Even if you are preapproved for a loan, but the loan falls through and you have to take the car back, the car is not sold. It is still legally new.

What defines "new" vs "used" is if the title papers actually changed hands and signatures of the buyer and seller are on all the paperwork. If the guy took it home on a preapproved loan, but the loan fell through, the dealer would have never signed over anything, thus the car is still "new."
Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Musclejunkie
I'm betting it's the color. Talk about a lemon. This is the worse color Ford has ever come up with. I was all set to order this color until I saw a couple cars with it. The cars I have seen with it have paint match problems between body and bumpers. If ever there was a need to drop a color in mid year, this would be a good time for Ford to do it. What happened to grabber orange and that gold color? Both were cool.
Yes, that color is cause for a good massive reversal full of last night's corn.
If the guy brought it back on account of the color, I guess he cannot be blamed.

That color is just as bad as Grabber Blue! (J?K, I'm just poking at you! )
Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Saw this listed. How can a used one only have 84 miles? I'm assuming it's possible someone bought it and it had a lot of problems so they fixed it and put it back up for sale?
I just thought of something: It is very possible for a non-lemon car to be brought back with such low mileage, but be used.

Many dealers offer a customer satisfaction guaranty. That means that if the customer is not satisfied within a certain time period, the dealer will take the car back, no questions asked.

In this case, the car is used because all the ownership papers and sales papers were signed over. The car is legally sold and legally cannot be advertised as a new car, even if it only has 0,000,001 miles on the ODO. Legally, even if the ODO reads ZERO, the car cannot be listed as new once all the paperwork is signed.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

It's possible that the person who bought the car was not satisfied and decided to trade it back in. I was going to buy a pre-owned 2009 GT with 50 miles on it. The husband bought it for his wife as a gift but she didn't want it. Most likely there is nothing wrong with it at all. It was considered pre-owned because the car was titled.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

What's the price? Sorry if I missed this but I didn't see anything regarding price.

Quick Reply: Used 2011 GT with only 84 miles?