Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 5.0 STOLEN!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:22 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I think Chip Foose did it and he's gonna returned it to you as a customized BOSS eh?
Sorry, bad joke.

Tow trucks (flat beds) are the #1 tool used for stolen cars...
No one suspect them and think it's repos or brake downs etc...

The Mustang community owe to keep an eye on these trucks and always investigate the legitimacy of it.
I know I do...
Old 11-13-2010, 10:24 AM
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

I'm still confused, this "person" who saw them put it on the flatbed, I'm assuming he doesn't know you (or that was it your car), and you asked around if anyone saw anything and he said he did? It sounds strange to me that this person was still around on the base to tell you what happened, and that you found him..who is this person?
Old 11-13-2010, 11:32 AM
nicksfoursix
1st Gear Member

It is truely sad that people of this caliber are allowed to exist in our society.
1.) There are valuables in a person's life that you simply do not fuc% with...significant others, family, pets, and any of your vehicles. Competing with another for a job, a game score on the field of play, etc. is a different thing.
2). What truely irks me is that you have taken your time out of your life to defend our county at whatever price. Here, as you describe, greasy $&!(#@, are allowed on your base without clearance and steal your possessions. And as you say, in some twisted way, you will be penalized for this.

A.) It appears in some way that more than the tow truck drivers were involved...maybe not directly, but responsibly. Why are people like this NOT questioned before entering the base? (If someone rang you doorbell to say there were here to check your furnace, would you just let them in your house?)
B.) I feel that if caught, the authorities should drop off these scumbags with you. You should administer your level of justice onto them as you see fit...Hell! they did to you!...
C.) In light of all that has occured, I hope that the insurance company take a responsible and reputable position with you in the settlement of your loss.
D.) Respecfully asked as before, if financed are you current with your payments??? Also, if financed, did your finance people discuss GAP insurance? (A policy to cover the difference of value-to-loan amount).
I hate to say this, but if your loan amount is high and that value of the vehicle drops, as most do the first year, your loan amount may be greater than the value of the car...or what is known as negative equity. Here, if a total loss occurs, the insurance company would be responsible only for the value of the vehicle (usually a lesser amount) while you would still be responsible for the greater amount (the loan value).
Whatever happens, I hope the best for you. I feel that people who serve our country so others can have the freedoms they enjoy, should be given every consideration possible.
Good Luck

Last edited by nicksfoursix; 11-13-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:41 PM
cjs06
2nd Gear Member

Really sorry to hear your car is stolen. It is pretty ridiculous that anyone can get on a base in Canada. I'd check in with all the gates and run through their camera feeds looking for your car rolling away on a flatbed.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

How the hell can you pull that off in a military base? Jesus

But I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out
Old 11-13-2010, 02:24 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

sucks man, I've had a couple of cars stolen from me and it sucks every time. hopefully your insurance company doesn't screw you.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Man, those thieves blow dog! If they catch them, they should let you use them for target practice.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:27 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

+1 on checking all of the cameras at the gets to get into the base, if you can id a face or some concrete piece of evidence that would discern this flat bed from the rest (broken hitch, specific vehicle etc etc) then you may have a better shot. I'd also go around and do this myself, seeing as how the police have more resources then you, but just can't use all of them.

Once you find them, I'd take some of your military buddies and just knock on the front door.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:24 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal

Tow trucks (flat beds) are the #1 tool used for stolen cars...
No one suspect them and think it's repos or brake downs etc...

The Mustang community owe to keep an eye on these trucks and always investigate the legitimacy of it.
I know I do...
That is very true. As a matter of fact, most of these thieves like this are in cahoots with actual tow truck guys or the two truck guys are the actual thieves themselves and they are the ones who strip down the car and sell off the parts (Ebay crooks basically, steal the stuff and sell at seriously undercutting prices on the web).

As for us 'Stang guys keeping an eye out for such crooks, I say that we should actually band with all other car enthusiast, Chevy guys, Dodge guys, even import guys, and we all get together and form kind of a networked "Neighborhood Watch" for such crooks.

Additionally, we should all become very familiar with our respective local laws concerning tow truck operators. In Texas, it is explicitly illegal for a tow truck to be unmarked. A tow truck must not only have clearly visible license plates, the truck must also clearly have displayed the tow company name, phone number, and operating authority number (a "permit" in a sense).
In our state, if you see a completely unmarked two truck with a vehicle in tow or on the bed, you can call the cops and the driver will be arrested where he is stopped.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:17 PM
CliffyDeuce
1st Gear Member

Another thought - on a U.S. military base, the military will generally pay whatever the insurance company doesn't cover if an incident like this occurred on base, like the deductible, etc. Not sure if they do anything like that in Canada, but it'd be worth asking about...

Cliffy

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 STOLEN!!!!!!!