Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car cover suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 03:52 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Default car cover suggestions?

I'm deploying in January for four months, and need to purchase a good car-cover. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Cover Craft, I've had 3 or 4 Happy with every one.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I have the ford noah cover
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

The Coverking covers are great!
Lot's of options depending on how you are going to use it. You can check them out and configure your cover at www.southernmustangparts.com or just click here Mustang Car cover

Satin Stretch->
Satin Stretch is an indoor Custom Car Cover fabric. It will fade if exposed to extended sun, and is not water resistant.
Satin Stretch is the SOFTEST fabric available, and has Lycra yarns to hug every contour of a vehicle. Blind stitching results in invisible seams - this is a SEXY car cover!

Triguard->
A 3 layer Custom Car Cover material suited for light weather conditions (perfect for occasional use or vehicles stored under a carport). Triguard is fairly soft and very compact. Do not use Triguard in harsh weather or sun. Triguard™ is also not suited in areas with industrial fall out (acid rain).

Coverbond 4->
4 layers make Coverbond 4 a very thick and bulky Custom Car Cover. It is not suggested for daily users, or for people with large SUVs. However, the extra bulk helps to guard against minor nicks and dings, and even helps in light hail. Coverbond 4 is suggested for moderate weather or indoor use.

Mosom Plus->
Mosom Plus is a four layer material. The outer two layers are Spunbond Polypropylene, the middle layer is a special micro-porus film and the inside layer is super-soft fabric. The middle layer is an excellent rain barrier, while allowing for vapors to pass through. The special cotton flock inner layer pampers the most delicate paint finish. It is a great choice for all-around car cover use, suggested for most conditions except extreme sun, snow or ice. Mosom Plus is a non-woven material, so in the unlikely event a rip occurs in the materlial, it will not run. As with all Coverking Custom Car Covers, Mosom Plus™ Covers can be custom made in just 2 days!

Silverguard->
Similar in properties to Mosom Plus, but with more sun resistance, slightly less breathability and no soft inner liner. Silverguard is a 300 denier polyester woven Custom Car Cover fabric with a unique encapsulative coating. It is perfect for general use, even in very sunny climates. The silver coating helps to reflect sunlight

Silverguard Plus->
Silverguard Plus is a 300 Denier polyester material with a reflective, water resistant coating on the outer layer and a soft, non-abrasive layer on the inside. It is a great choice for all-around car cover use, suggested for most conditions except extreme rain, snow or ice. 300 denier is a strong, heavy weave, which will not rip or tear easily. The silver coating on Silverguard Plus does an excellent job of reflecting sunlight, while keeping rain and animal droppings from damaging the vehicle finish. The special soft inner layer pampers the most delicate paint finish.

Stormproof->
Coverking was overwhelmed after receiving test results of our latest design - Stormproof. The culmination of over a decade of material engineering, it has only recently been possible to manufacture the microscopic yarns which go into this advanced micro-fiber Custom Car Cover material. Only one textile mill in the world was able to meet Coverking's specifications - and although challenged by Coverking's design, the results are truly a triumph for car cover users! Stormproof is UNCOATED and UNTREATED this means that even after months or years of use, it will have the same properties! Stormproof feels more like an expensive golf jacket, yet is tested to be the MOST WATER RESISTANT and (because there are no coatings) the MOST BREATHABLE. You can't go wrong with Stormproof - available in gray, black, red, wine, and two tone combinations with black sides

Autobody Armor->
Revolutionary new material takes the stretch of Coverking Satin Stretch custom covers, and combines it with all weather protection. A middle layer of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) provides your vehicle with the best water resistance available from a Custom Car Cover today. Two outer layers of woven polyester reinforce and protect the inner layer while allowing moderate breathability. Protect your vehicle from the elements while keeping a perfect fit!

Ken
Old 11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by southernmustangparts
The Coverking covers are great!
Lot's of options depending on how you are going to use it. You can check them out and configure your cover at www.southernmustangparts.com or just click here Mustang Car cover

Satin Stretch->
Satin Stretch is an indoor Custom Car Cover fabric. It will fade if exposed to extended sun, and is not water resistant.
Satin Stretch is the SOFTEST fabric available, and has Lycra yarns to hug every contour of a vehicle. Blind stitching results in invisible seams - this is a SEXY car cover!

Triguard->
A 3 layer Custom Car Cover material suited for light weather conditions (perfect for occasional use or vehicles stored under a carport). Triguard is fairly soft and very compact. Do not use Triguard in harsh weather or sun. Triguard™ is also not suited in areas with industrial fall out (acid rain).

Coverbond 4->
4 layers make Coverbond 4 a very thick and bulky Custom Car Cover. It is not suggested for daily users, or for people with large SUVs. However, the extra bulk helps to guard against minor nicks and dings, and even helps in light hail. Coverbond 4 is suggested for moderate weather or indoor use.

Mosom Plus->
Mosom Plus is a four layer material. The outer two layers are Spunbond Polypropylene, the middle layer is a special micro-porus film and the inside layer is super-soft fabric. The middle layer is an excellent rain barrier, while allowing for vapors to pass through. The special cotton flock inner layer pampers the most delicate paint finish. It is a great choice for all-around car cover use, suggested for most conditions except extreme sun, snow or ice. Mosom Plus is a non-woven material, so in the unlikely event a rip occurs in the materlial, it will not run. As with all Coverking Custom Car Covers, Mosom Plus™ Covers can be custom made in just 2 days!

Silverguard->
Similar in properties to Mosom Plus, but with more sun resistance, slightly less breathability and no soft inner liner. Silverguard is a 300 denier polyester woven Custom Car Cover fabric with a unique encapsulative coating. It is perfect for general use, even in very sunny climates. The silver coating helps to reflect sunlight

Silverguard Plus->
Silverguard Plus is a 300 Denier polyester material with a reflective, water resistant coating on the outer layer and a soft, non-abrasive layer on the inside. It is a great choice for all-around car cover use, suggested for most conditions except extreme rain, snow or ice. 300 denier is a strong, heavy weave, which will not rip or tear easily. The silver coating on Silverguard Plus does an excellent job of reflecting sunlight, while keeping rain and animal droppings from damaging the vehicle finish. The special soft inner layer pampers the most delicate paint finish.

Stormproof->
Coverking was overwhelmed after receiving test results of our latest design - Stormproof. The culmination of over a decade of material engineering, it has only recently been possible to manufacture the microscopic yarns which go into this advanced micro-fiber Custom Car Cover material. Only one textile mill in the world was able to meet Coverking's specifications - and although challenged by Coverking's design, the results are truly a triumph for car cover users! Stormproof is UNCOATED and UNTREATED this means that even after months or years of use, it will have the same properties! Stormproof feels more like an expensive golf jacket, yet is tested to be the MOST WATER RESISTANT and (because there are no coatings) the MOST BREATHABLE. You can't go wrong with Stormproof - available in gray, black, red, wine, and two tone combinations with black sides

Autobody Armor->
Revolutionary new material takes the stretch of Coverking Satin Stretch custom covers, and combines it with all weather protection. A middle layer of Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) provides your vehicle with the best water resistance available from a Custom Car Cover today. Two outer layers of woven polyester reinforce and protect the inner layer while allowing moderate breathability. Protect your vehicle from the elements while keeping a perfect fit!

Ken
What would you suggest for someone who will be taking it on and off daily, will be using it in moderate rain/snow/ice, and will probably not be keeping it on the car for more then a day or 2 at a time?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:38 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

I initially purchased a Cover Craft (one of their higher end versions) and was not too happy with some loose stitching around the (bottom) elastic area. They promptly sent me a new one, which was better -- but still, the stitching pattern seemed a bit haphazard.

Having said that, I don't use a cover anymore (it's garaged) -- but I'd check out Coverking. They have other quality products I've been impressed with.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I bought the Evolution 4 by Kimberly Clark through www.Autoanything.com

I thought they had the best price.

Whatever you get, it needs to be a custom fit, meaning it needs pockets for the side mirrors. Also the thicker covers will blow around less than the thinner ones. You don't want air to blow it around a lot. That's why I went with an Evo 4. My garage is full so my Mustang has to sit outside. The car cover truly has made a difference as far as keeping the car's finish like new. I highly recommend going with a quality cover.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Dust/sand comes in below the cover, and eventually causes it to scrub the paint...rent a garage instead!!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:46 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

OP, will the car sit inside or outside while your gone? My last deployment was 15 months and I kept my 66 in a garage under a Cover King cover. Good quality and fit and a pretty good price for the light duty indoor version. They have outdoor versions too, so I would check them out.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:08 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by RideMyAssOff
Dust/sand comes in below the cover, and eventually causes it to scrub the paint...rent a garage instead!!
I have to agree here. I bought a California Car Cover, Ultraweave. I love it, totally worth the price but if the car is kept outside fine particles will still travel with the wind under the cover and scratch the car. This is what happened to mine when it was brand new (black at that). IF the car is stored inside then any of the above mentioned will work well.

Outside storage + car cover just doesnt seem to work...no matter how tight the cover may seem to fit at the bottom of the car.

Quick Reply: car cover suggestions?