Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie with 06 V6 Ponly Pack questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 PM
ibow24

Default newbie with 06 V6 Ponly Pack questions

Hello gang..new guy here. We bought my son an 06 Mustang V6 Pony Package for his 16th bday. Yeah, I know, he's spoiled. It had 23,000 miles and was in very good condition and I we got a pretty fair deal on it. I put white rally stripes over the top and he's thinking about removing the lower side pony stripes and adding a hood scoop. I'll try to post of pic of its current look. Anyway, I know it needs rear brakes so I'm putting Hawk pads and new rotors on this weekend.
Does anybody know the service limits on the pads? I'm going to pull the front wheels to check those pads. When it was inspected in January they told us the front pads are good but that we should think about replacing the rear pads soon...so I'm doing that now but thinking I should just do all four corners while I'm at it. Does anyone know of nice looking caliper covers other than those from MGP? $200 for stamped tin seems expensive and I can picture those coming loose pretty easy...but they do look pretty nice.
Also looking for some advice for a nice sounding exhaust as in throaty and deep but not obnoxious.
thanks for your help. I've enjoyed searching the site today..tons of good advice
Steve
Now, here's the Mustang if I can figue out how to post. I think my "stripe" job came out very nice...ouch, just hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
ibow24

lets try the picture thing again.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

looks good! mods maybe move this to the 4.0 section for better results? i dont know the brake numbers, but there are plenty of exhaust threads to be looked at and youtube it for a good idea of what your getting. welcome to the forum!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ibow24
lets try the picture thing again.
[IMG][/IMG]
Nice ponly! I'd start with a shorty antenna.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:23 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Welcome Steve! I agree with removal of the rocker stripes. Regarding the brakes, typically the rears last twice as lon as the fronts. So every other time the front is changed you should change the rears. YouTube has alot of clips for the exhaust, I'm still on the fence myself as to which one I like the best.

James
Old 06-17-2010, 06:40 PM
ibow24

Thanks, I should have mentioned the driver side rocker stripes are already removed. We just got the car back from the body shop. Some $*%&$*#(#@(##II#I did a hit and run on the fender. So now my son keeps walking from one to the other to see if he likes it better with or without. I like without myself.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Welcome and sorry to hear about the fender bender. I would remove the rocker stripes. Having racing stripes and rockers is just too much for the eye. You can also do caliper paint instead of covers. I also agree on getting a shorty antenna and loosing that riding crop. Wheels would be a nice addition

Last edited by alkemist; 06-17-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:17 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Welcom to the forums Steve! His pony looks like mine!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:39 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Welcome and sorry to hear about the fender bender. I would remove the rocker stripes. Having racing stripes and rockers is just too much for the eye. You can also do caliper paint instead of covers. I also agree on getting a shorty antenna and loosing that riding crop. Wheels would be a nice addition
+1, too much going on. And yes get rid of that fishing pole for an antenna, cheap upgrade.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Nice job on the stripes!
The rear brakes should normally outlast the fronts...unless someone drives around with the parking brake on, lol!
I just put Hawks all around on my former-V6, even though the pads still had about half their life left. I've also heard good things about autozone gold pads or something.

Must be nice to have such a nice Mustang at 16!!!

Quick Reply: newbie with 06 V6 Ponly Pack questions