Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REMOVE THE ROCKER PANEL MOULDING

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:57 AM
JJSTANG

Default REMOVE THE ROCKER PANEL MOULDING

Hi,
Does anyone know how to remove the rocker panel mourlding of 05 'stang GT ?
I found 8 screw caps at the bottom of moulding but it is very tight and can't remove.
Thanks
JJ
Old 08-23-2005, 11:41 AM
RedHot05GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: REMOVE THE ROCKER PANEL MOULDING

^^^^^ Me too!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:46 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

I don't have it handy right this minute, but when I get home this evening I will post a PDF doc showing the break down and install procedures for the rocker panels.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:24 PM
jpepping

Any chance you would have PDF's on how to remove the back seats of a vert???

I am going to add an XM radio, and am undecided on where to put the antenna. Right now my choices are a)just above the windsheild, and b)on the back just forward of the trunk. But I need to know how best to run the cable if I choose B. I can run the cable in the weatherstrip around the windsheild if I choose A...

thanks in advance.

Jim
Old 08-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I've done THAT..

It is EASY...

You just press rearward on the front bottom center of the seat .. push back and lift... comes right out!
Old 08-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

Does anyone know how to remove the rocker panel mourlding of 05 'stang GT ?

You have to remove the push pins that are on the very bottom of the rocker facing the street first. I made a tool for this out of metal thats like a V shaped fork with only 2 prongs to get up and under the pins. I could get the push pins out about 1/2 inch this way and then I put a flat piece of metal under the same tool and pulled it down hard. It takes a bit of force to get them out and they are about 1 1/2" long when removed. If you take care and dont ruin them in the process you can reuse them like I did!

You will also need to take the 2 screws off on the front section. When this is complete you will have to pull the rocker straight out towards you. There is another 8 pins on the inside that are slide up under the rocker and push into holes that are in the metal body of your car. When I pulled mine off most of the push pins were still in the rocker but some were still lodged into the car. They are easy to remove and transfer to your other Rocker. There is also 1 Very Large push pin in the front section that looks different than the rest. I was able to reuse all these too. When you have all the pins in your new rocker you push it into the cars holes and reverse the sequence to finish. Total time for a complete swap out on both sides was about a half hour.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:04 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Hey Jim,

I bought a DVD version of the 2005 Mustang Service manual, and it has just about every document you may need to reak down or install parts on the car. I'll see what I have and post those as well.

ORIGINAL: jpepping

Any chance you would have PDF's on how to remove the back seats of a vert???

I am going to add an XM radio, and am undecided on where to put the antenna. Right now my choices are a)just above the windsheild, and b)on the back just forward of the trunk. But I need to know how best to run the cable if I choose B. I can run the cable in the weatherstrip around the windsheild if I choose A...

thanks in advance.

Jim
Old 08-23-2005, 04:51 PM
huffhuff
2nd Gear Member

i just got the Sirius Starmate plug and play. i mounted the magnetic antennae centered on the rear deck close to the moulding near the top. i followed the top around where it attaches to the body. there are several loops that i slipped the cable thru. when i got to the rear quarter window i followed the outer weatherstrip on the outside then continued on to the moulding/trim down the doorjam edges until i got all the way up to the dash the inserted the cable in the small gap under the glareshield to the middle directly aboove the power point. i used double sided velcro tape to secure the unit to the dash with the lower edge lined up with the lower edge of the aluminum trim. i left the power cord wound up and secured it to the plug that is inserted into the power point. i filled the gap in the weather strip at the rear window with black RTV to secure the cable there.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:00 PM
jpepping

ORIGINAL: huffhuff

i just got the Sirius Starmate plug and play. i mounted the magnetic antennae centered on the rear deck close to the moulding near the top. i followed the top around where it attaches to the body. there are several loops that i slipped the cable thru. when i got to the rear quarter window i followed the outer weatherstrip on the outside then continued on to the moulding/trim down the doorjam edges until i got all the way up to the dash the inserted the cable in the small gap under the glareshield to the middle directly aboove the power point. i used double sided velcro tape to secure the unit to the dash with the lower edge lined up with the lower edge of the aluminum trim. i left the power cord wound up and secured it to the plug that is inserted into the power point. i filled the gap in the weather strip at the rear window with black RTV to secure the cable there.
Was this on a convertable or a coupe??? I would love to find a good place to get the wires on a vert from the trunk to the dash.

Jim
Old 08-23-2005, 06:01 PM
jpepping

Great, thanks.. hey where did you get the DVD service manual??? It sounds like that would be a handy thing to have.

Jim

Quick Reply: REMOVE THE ROCKER PANEL MOULDING