Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I'm just pissed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
dude, i want to work at UPS now!
Trust me, you don't lol

Originally Posted by JIM5.0

What can brown do for you?
The only brown coming out of those UPS guy is from their asses!
I purchased an $800 hand held tuner, and when they delivered it, not once did they ring my doorbell, they left it on the damn porch for ANYONE to walk up to it and steal it in plain sight! And I was home all day long!

Someone I know who is a competition shooter (pistol shooter, I think he even competed to try to join and shoot in the Olympic team) had one of his pistols delivered to him from a gunsmith. They left his gun attended at the door! Damn dangerous since kids could walk up and steal the box.
And that gun was not a cheap one either. I think his competition pistol costs about $1500!!!!!
Sounds like UPS to me! I was really taken back by some of the stuff that goes on there. It's embarrassing
Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

As much as I am pissed, I wont take it out on Bob lol... I understand the whole thing with ups, as my sisters bf worked for them over the holidays and thats all they do is throw packages like its nothing. But the spoiler was wrapped in 2 layers of this cotton material, 2 layers of foam padding, and another layer of plastic wrap so its the painters fault. This is just pissing me off that I ordered my spoiler a month ago and cant install it on my car.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 PM
jessejamesiv
1st Gear Member

what ever you do dont throw away the box or any of the packing... when u file a complaint with the delivery service they got to see that when they send an adjuster out...

I personally ordered full steel doors from an online site for my jeep wrangler... when the driver was taking them off the truck i fiscally saw him drop the doors on the corner... i met him outside as he was walking off, once again not ringing a bell or anything and I asked him to file a report that he dropped my door (which he never did) then once I unpackaged them and was able to see the damage I contacted ups and filed a report that they were ruined... no one ever told me to save the packaging or box so i threw them away and the trash man came before the adjuster finally got there 3 day later (which I was told he would be there the next day). Needless to say without the packaging and box they refused to pay, and after contacting my lawyer basically without spending a whole lot of money for no out come there was no reason to go to court over it...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jessejamesiv
what ever you do dont throw away the box or any of the packing... when u file a complaint with the delivery service they got to see that when they send an adjuster out...

I personally ordered full steel doors from an online site for my jeep wrangler... when the driver was taking them off the truck i fiscally saw him drop the doors on the corner... i met him outside as he was walking off, once again not ringing a bell or anything and I asked him to file a report that he dropped my door (which he never did) then once I unpackaged them and was able to see the damage I contacted ups and filed a report that they were ruined... no one ever told me to save the packaging or box so i threw them away and the trash man came before the adjuster finally got there 3 day later (which I was told he would be there the next day). Needless to say without the packaging and box they refused to pay, and after contacting my lawyer basically without spending a whole lot of money for no out come there was no reason to go to court over it...
I understand 100% what you are saying, but its not a chance UPS. Its the quality of paint of 3dcarbon, and when Bob told me they were backed up with painting, he basically told me they were rushing to finish a bunch of jobs they had to do.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I too don't think it is Bob's fault too, but do talk to him anyway. He can get on that painter for doing a shoddy job in protecting the part after he painted it.

You don't have to yell at him, but you can tell him you are not happy and ask him to pass your regards to the painter who screwed it up.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
I would ask for the price difference of a non painted spoiler and have it sprayed locally.
Gonna have to agree with this.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:41 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
I would ask for the price difference of a non painted spoiler and have it sprayed locally.
Originally Posted by starbai
Gonna have to agree with this.
As I too will have to agree also.

The benefit of getting the part unpainted and delivered to you so you can have it painted locally, you have the benefit of having the paint shop to color match the part to your car.
Even though Grabber Blue is Grabber Blue, there are always some very slight variances that can be annoying every time you see it even though it is hard to notice from afar.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I am going to contact Bob tomorrow and see what happens. I might borrow my gf's camera tomorrow and show you guys what the paint quality is really like. I will be as nice as I can with Bob and try to work something out. Hopefully he will take into consideration, that this is my second ruined spoiler and there are 2 sitting in my living room with terrible paint jobs
Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Everything I've ever ordered from someone other than a straight-up vendor has come through UPS. Hadn't had a problem yet. In fact, I got some new RAM for my computer from them today and everything was fine.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Call Calm and act/sound professional.
Request Refund or Partial Money .
Request Upper Management.
Involve Better Bussines Bereau on your conversation.
Dont hang up till there is a solution.
Always ask for some type of confirmation to make sure its true.

Quick Reply: Now I'm just pissed