Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford's missprint about the 5.0's brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:36 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
It doesn't matter if it doesn't affect performance! God you guys are idiots. The point is, people paid for something they did not receive! The only way for Ford to make it right is to install dual piston rears in all stangs that already came with the package, or refund a bit of the money. PERIOD.
Agreed. Not about you guys being idiots but Ford messed up. While I'm fairly sure it wasn't intentional it's still neglect and careless on Ford's part. They need to be held accountable.

They almost made a similar mistake on the V6 performance package. The media docs initially released to the press cover a whole different list of parts that were initially slotted to be a part the v6 PP. Statements were made like GT500 lower control arms, GT front struts, rear shocks/springs. They never came back and issued a second press release saying they pulled the lower control arms or other suspension components. I don't believe the GT500 LC arms made it and it only ended up with a couple pieces from the GT suspension. The did however update their website so if you were to click on the "details" link you received the revised list.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
I don't think ford has a dual piston rear caliper on any vehicle. Its a mis print and is worth maybe a $100 gift card for service. The package doesn't include any upgrade to the rear brakes.

Also, never use "period" in a sentence, and never ever capitalize it. <---see that little guy at the end there, thats called a period, redundancy not required.
It is a 1700 dollar package. I would probably want more then 100 bucks of service. Cash maybe, but not service.

Redundancy IS required on this forum. If you don't repeat yourself some of the people around here will completely misread your post.

PERIOD!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Let me see if I can put this in a way you might understand.

Go figure out what a big brake package costs and 19" wheels[PERIOD!] For a set of 4 just brakes[COMMA!] you are looking at $3k[PERIOD] Do you really think ford needs to refund owners for the package [QUESTION MARK!]

Or of course they could give you a dual piston caliper that has worse performance, that would work right?
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Also, never use "period" in a sentence, and never ever capitalize it. <---see that little guy at the end there, thats called a period, redundancy not required.

This is such a huge mistake on Ford's part I'm immediately canceling my order. Not. Count me in the idiot group.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:12 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Ford Fubar
Old 01-21-2011, 11:43 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
It doesn't matter if it doesn't affect performance! God you guys are idiots. The point is, people paid for something they did not receive! The only way for Ford to make it right is to install dual piston rears in all stangs that already came with the package, or refund a bit of the money. PERIOD.
This would be an extreme over reaction. The price paid for the brembo brake package is accurate as to what you're actually getting. $1700 for a set of front Brembos and the 19 inch wheels is a good deal for those who bought it. I understand it is a stupid mess up and they should fix their information, but there's no way Ford should be picking up the tab on thousands of rear dual piston brake sets...lol
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Let me see if I can put this in a way you might understand.

Go figure out what a big brake package costs and 19" wheels[PERIOD!] For a set of 4 just brakes[COMMA!] you are looking at $3k[PERIOD] Do you really think ford needs to refund owners for the package [QUESTION MARK!]

Or of course they could give you a dual piston caliper that has worse performance, that would work right?

Irrelevant. Ford should still compensate the big brake guys for the misrepresentation of the package. Just because it is still a "deal" doesn't mean they shouldn't get something back. That is like telling everyone they get 4 piston fronts and they get 2 piston fronts, and then saying that it's not big deal because they are better then drum brakes. Period!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Remember that we are talking legalities, not logic. I would bet that over half of the people who got the brake package didn't even see the part about dual pistons. That doesn't matter though. Ford said it was included, and it was not. Legally, they have to compensate anyone who feels they got screwed.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

You have too big of a E-***** bro. Save the lawyer talk for the lawyers....

Cut them a little slack, we ALL make mistakes.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

blah blah blah blah blah.......

Quick Reply: Ford's missprint about the 5.0's brakes?