Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford's missprint about the 5.0's brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Falcon Fixer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Remember that we are talking legalities, not logic. I would bet that over half of the people who got the brake package didn't even see the part about dual pistons. That doesn't matter though. Ford said it was included, and it was not. Legally, they have to compensate anyone who feels they got screwed.
They do not "Have" to compensate anyone for anything(PERIOD)
It was a "Misprint" and are liable for nothing, simple mistake(PERIOD)
You've never made a mistake(Question Mark)
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Falcon Fixer
They do not "Have" to compensate anyone for anything(PERIOD)
It was a "Misprint" and are liable for nothing, simple mistake(PERIOD)
You've never made a mistake(Question Mark)
Yes they do, in fact. Its like this. Lets say I was selling a mustang GT to you through an online ad. Alright? Now, I told you that the car was a stock GT and was in perfect condition. It had everything a GT should have, exactly how it should be. Now, when you get the car, it has a V6 front bumper, nasty looking trashed rims, and the paint is scratched up. You come back to me and tell me that this is unacceptable, but I tell you to deal with it because it does not affect the function of the car at all (just like dual vs single piston rears). Then you tell me that that doesn't matter, that I misrepresented the car, and therefore have to compensate you. I tell you "I do not have to compensate anyone for anything. I made a simple mistake, it was just a misprint on the ad. Haven't you ever made one?"

I realize this situation is a bit more extreme them the dual vs single pistons, but legally, they are equal. Anyone who wants to call out ford on this has every right to, just as you would have every right to take legal action against me in the above situation.

Originally Posted by theACE
You have too big of a E-***** bro. Save the lawyer talk for the lawyers....

Cut them a little slack, we ALL make mistakes.
My father is a lawyer."Lawyer talk" is all I ever hear, in any situation, so unfortunately, I tend to look at everything from a lawyer's point of view.

It's not about cutting anyone slack. I like Ford. I kind of feel sorry for them for this mistake, but still, that doesn't make what they did less "illegal". (that word sounds harsher then it really is)

Anyways, it doesn't matter what your opinions about the "law" are, or your opinions about Ford, or your opinions in this little mess that Ford created. What matters is that Ford misrepresented their product and have to compensate anyone who asks for it. I doubt many will care, but even if only 1 person is upset, I am sure Ford will have no problem throwing a few dollars at him to make him go away.

Last edited by MustangFirstCar; 01-22-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Still, your daddy being a lawyer doesn't make you one.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Still, your daddy being a lawyer doesn't make you one.
No, my father being a lawyer doesn't make me one. It makes me think like one.

And sometimes talk like one

That fact doesn't make what I said less true though.

Last edited by MustangFirstCar; 01-22-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Its not true, people make mistakes, corporations make mistakes, this is why companies are so damn up tight these days. Greedy people wanting to turn a buck off someone else, if the brakes provide good performance, why raise a big fuss? It's not like they purposely misrepresented their product or over-rated the output of their power-plant.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:57 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Lets say I was selling a mustang GT to you through an online ad. Alright? Now, I told you that the car was a stock GT and was in perfect condition. It had everything a GT should have, exactly how it should be. Now, when you get the car, it has a V6 front bumper, nasty looking trashed rims, and the paint is scratched up. You come back to me and tell me that this is unacceptable, but I tell you to deal with it because it does not affect the function of the car at all (just like dual vs single piston rears). Then you tell me that that doesn't matter, that I misrepresented the car, and therefore have to compensate you. I tell you "I do not have to compensate anyone for anything. I made a simple mistake, it was just a misprint on the ad. Haven't you ever made one?"
Grow up, in your scenario the value of the car is less based on how you had it listed. Tell me oh wise one, what is the perceived value of having an additional piston in your caliper with no gain in performance. You aren't going to walk up to a car and just decide "wtf its only got one piston back there, what a ripoff"

A correct comparison would be a misprinted dimension, or a different type of hinge on the trunk. The numbers that you read in the tests (which might have swayed you to buy the brembo package) don't change, they have always been single piston. It still performs as advertised.

I would suggest not going into law, or anything that uses common sense.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

hahaha +1111111111

Lawyers and money hungry go hand in hand btw
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I feel a degree in law is less so a common sense measurement, more so a measurement of how much of a dick you are.

Not to say there aren't some good lawyers, but every lawyer i've had to work with has been a complete asshat.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:05 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

what if I am a dick while using logic and common sense?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:17 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Lawyers are evil, irrational beings. Most politicians are lawyers.. need I say more

Quick Reply: Ford's missprint about the 5.0's brakes?