Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FML, the V6 is HURT.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Sorry about your car. Good thing you did not get hurt. If I was in your position I would go to the police station and demand to speak to someone in higher authority. This is not private property, so it is complete b/s that there is not a police report, stating the facts and who is at fault. He still merged into your lane without looking, so therefore his fault. Speeding or not he hit you in the side, so therefore you were already beside him when he did not look and changed lanes.You might be young but without proof you were speeding, that is age discrimination. Cops are not suppose to discriminate and suppose to go only on the facts. I would call your insurance company and ask them if it will be beneficial if you consult a lawyer. Being that you are young and if it is deemed your fault, or even half your fault, your insurance rates are probably going to increase substantially. And also they would have to have it on record when you called in he was threatening you. That might also be worth something.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:34 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

As a younger guy too I feel for you man, I'd be furious. One thing you can't do is let them push you around, step up man up and take some action to him. Make the right calls to the insurance company, take pictures, come up with an argument and get yourself in a power position so that he knows you're not some punk kid.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Oh no, Ace!
At least the damage isn't too terrible. It could have
been much worse. It looks like it can be fixed without ever being able to tell it was hurt.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

A police crash report was not made because the state of Texas does not want every accident that occurs in the state documented. There are specific guidelines that have to be met before a report is made. And even if a report is made, the officer's opinion in what caused the accident is not the final decision in what the insurance company rules on as who fault it was.

The officer was correct, it is a civil matter and it will probably come down to your word against the other driver's.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:56 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info man, I didn't understand why there was no report, now I do.

I have to replace my rear diffuser, so I am going to get the GT diffuser from Digital here on LSS. I am thinking about getting the 2012 Boss 302 splitter and front grille, what do yall think about that? I also have to replace my passenger side skirt, so I might want to look into getting the Roush side skirt splitters. Who knows, maybe if I have enough I will get the GT500 SVT wing, but I doubt that will happen.

Since I have to get my stripes replaced, should I just keep the Boss lettering, remove the Boss lettering and put the stripes back on, or should I just get a whole new stripe package? If so, what type of stripes would yall suggest? (I don't like over the top racing stripes at all)

Boss 302 Splitter and Grille

Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Wow, nice! Great to see you actually came out ahead in this fiasco!

As for the possible mods you want to add, I definitely say get the Boss diffuser splitter to supplement your Boss theme!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:15 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Yes, I am happy that I am some what ahead. Do you think that the Boss 302 Front grille will go good on my car?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:24 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

For the stripes, keep what you got, but I'd suggest removing the "BOSS" from it.

You know I got a V6 and I don't discriminate, but I personally feel "BOSS" on a V6 is, for lack of a better word, wrong. No offense.

I say get the Boss splitter and the Roush side splitters. GT500 valance too if you'd like.

Glad to hear you come out of this nicely, also no injuries.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Absolutely! It will look great for sure.

As for the new stripes you want to put on, do you have any pics of the new stripes? It's hard for me to guess which will look better: keeping your current ones or going with the new ones.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Get he same package or similer but replace boss with "Ace" or " The Ace" that would look sick and with the new boss 302 coming out now one could say your trying to be a poser or anytihng