Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic Heavy: Painted Interior & LED Footwell Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Default Pic Heavy: Painted Interior & LED Footwell Lighting

Sup guys, just got my parts back from the paint shop and figured I would share the results

I haven't cleaned anything up yet, but here are some pictures. It's my DD and just rolled over 50k miles.

I had painted a few pieces silver myself, but they weren't holding up and really started to look bad, so I decided to have them professionally done. I gave the painter one of my A/C vents and told him to paint and finish match them. He did such a great job! Since I was already going to be driving around with a janked up interior, I went a step further and had him color match the console and speaker surrounds to the exterior of the car.

Also hardwired my GPS to the radio power wire so it automatically comes on with the car and shuts off when I open the door.

(cup holders are still filthy from the shop)

Also had my sunvisors stitched in red.

Not bad for $100, eh? Sure, it's probably a bit flashy for some, but that's what customizing is all about! The suede and stuff is MUCH more subdued in person... it's just being lit up by the flash.

Now onto the footwell LED's. I was jealous of the 08+'s ambient lighting, so I bought a color changing interior LED kit from LEDglow. $32 shipped from Amazon.

The light output is perfect! It's a little bit brighter than the factory ambient lighting option, but it's not blindingly bright like a lot of what you see in the import scene.

I tapped into the wire that turns on the parking lights from the headlight switch (Yellow wire, blue stripe), so they automatically come on anytime the parking lights are lit up (including when the headlights are on) They also come on when I unlock the car. If anyone is interested in doing this, I could do a short write up... I have the pictures for one.

But without further ado:

Here's a comparison of a few of the 7 solid colors:
Red

Blue

Green

Purple (Mix of Red & Blue)

I think this was supposed to be yellow, but it is more of a vomit.

Aqua (Mix of Blue & Green)

This must be the "White" the manufacturer was talking about.

Keep in mind the slowed shutter on the camera makes them appear brighter than they actually are. They have 15 different modes for pulsing and fading and music sensing party ****, but I don't have a Honda. Overall I am very happy with everything. I just have a few more little things to clean up... and get some white LED's for the dome lights, and the interior will be finished.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
imboden
1st Gear Member

wow, love the lights. would not want them on when I'm driving, but they do look good!
Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

looks great! my center console is going to get fixed up soon as it looks like trash on the passenger side so i'm glad the gloss black looks like it does in your interior...makes me feel more confident that it'll turn out nicely...very good look btw
Old 02-18-2011, 01:59 AM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

could you do a writeup on the lights? I would like to get a set from them also
Old 02-18-2011, 02:14 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

The center console looks amazing clearcoated black like that. So much better than stock. Some of the other things I'm undecided about, but that one really stood out as being awesome. Nice job.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Thumbs up

Damn, I knew there was some reason I woke up at 5am. Perfection is close at hand brother man.
With this link I will make it so Captain!

http://www.google.com/search?q=tci+s...dc410bca72fadb

Outstanding work sir...now that is customized!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
But without further ado:
This is a cool pic...red seats accented by the red line going across the street...Nice...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:53 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
They have 15 different modes for pulsing and fading and music sensing party ****, but I don't have a Honda.
Hahaha I'm extremely happy you won't be using that setting! I've been on the fence about interior lights, but looking at these pics just put me on the pro-side. I'd love a write up too, for 30 bucks and change, that's a great visual upgrade!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

Wow! That really looks good! I second the suggestion to do a write-up on the lights. Nice Job!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys! Yeah, definitely one of my favorite parts is the gloss black center console. It looks like a "Piano black veneer" from Bentley or Aston Martin or something. Very sleek. I will do a write up on the lights when I get home today.

and I agree on the shifter mayo

Quick Reply: Pic Heavy: Painted Interior & LED Footwell Lighting