Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off road X-pipe? Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Default Off road X-pipe? Yes or No?

I've been itching to the stang to sound a little louder and an off road x-pipe should fix that. Are they that much louder then catted stock H-pipe? I don't want to be that a$$hole with an obnoxiously loud car too though. Should I just save up for a catted version? Do I need anything since I don't have a tuner? Should I wait until I can afford a tuner, CAI, and the x-pipe?

Any sound clip would be great, especially with Magnapacks.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:23 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

It will be louder but I don't think overly obnoxious. A friend of mine has L/H headers, O/RX, Magnapacks and Hot Rod Cams. It's loud but not obnoxious. It sounds awesome. If you don't tune it, you will get a CEL but it won't affect anything else.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Conn337
1st Gear Member

I have stock headers, O/R x pype, and flowmaster a/ts. its not obnoxiously loud at all. Its loud, but its a neck breaker haha. I love it. I have a tuner and stuff, but yeah with no cats you will get a error code because of the o2 sensors.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:26 AM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

You may want to consult your tuner and see if they will turn off the rear o2's before you install that.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Conn337
I have stock headers, O/R x pype, and flowmaster a/ts. its not obnoxiously loud at all. Its loud, but its a neck breaker haha. I love it. I have a tuner and stuff, but yeah with no cats you will get a error code because of the o2 sensors.
How bad is the drone?
Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

IMO OR X pipe is a smooth, but not to loud upgrade. Just check out youtube there are tons of exhaust videos on there.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:46 PM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

My 02s are turned off and i still get a code " System not ready" my tuner said becuase my 02s are turned off the car can't get a full system ready. Have any of you guys had this problem?
Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 PM
silentbob00

I would get a off road H pipe, unless you like a higher pitched sound. I have an x-pipe, but if I could do it over again, I would have gotten the H.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by silentbob00
I would get a off road H pipe, unless you like a higher pitched sound. I have an x-pipe, but if I could do it over again, I would have gotten the H.
I'm with silentbob... I would have gotten an offroad H if I had to do it all over again. I'm not a fan of the raspiness that comes with the X. But I got a smoking deal from my buddy so it was hard not to pass up.

It is super loud at startup but after 20 seconds or so it quiets down a bit. Anything over 1/2 throttle and it's pretty damn loud, removing cats makes cars stupid loud I don't car what anyone else here says. Some just like loud cars.

Here is a clip of mine... Magnaflow offroad X with Corsa Sports mufflers and stock headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZgxmHNtZ4

Last edited by S197steve; 02-28-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197steve
I'm with silentbob... I would have gotten an offroad H if I had to do it all over again. I'm not a fan of the raspiness that comes with the X. But I got a smoking deal from my buddy so it was hard not to pass up.

It is super loud at startup but after 20 seconds or so it quiets down a bit. Anything over 1/2 throttle and it's pretty damn loud, removing cats makes cars stupid loud I don't car what anyone else here says. Some just like loud cars.

Here is a clip of mine... Magnaflow offroad X with Corsa Sports mufflers and stock headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZgxmHNtZ4
Wow! That sound good and not to raspy. You two got me convinced though, OR Hpipe it is. I've got the $$ for the pipe, now I just need to save up for the tuner.

Quick Reply: Off road X-pipe? Yes or No?