Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stangless again

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

My parents do all the prechecks for a local used car salesman near there shop and one day I did some of the shuttling of the cars. Got to take an 05 mini cooper out and it was a fun drive and surprisingly roomy!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah that was the most surprising thing to me. I'm not a "small" guy at about 6'2" and probably 240 lbs. I can extend my left leg fully straight while sitting in the Mini, and the cockpit doesn't feel "small". The entire car doesn't feel small when you're driving it, which is interesting...
Old 03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

I would've been about those dimensions back then... lol. Enjoy the mini man hm.. I feel like someone on this board may have said that before... and had one goal in mind? sorry, gotta give em schit. teehee
Old 03-16-2011, 05:17 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Come on man, you making fun of me French??

All In good fun I promise!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I was able to get just a "standard" mini cooper as a rental car once and I must say it was a blast to drive. I can't imagine how much more fun driving the mini cooper s is.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Good luck Mudflap & yes you will be back!!!

A friend of mine had a cooper S when they were supercharged & it was definitely fun, so enjoy!
Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Nice, I guess, lol...Pics please...Hope you stick around, and thanks for all the help, SC discussions, ect...Good luck.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Yeah I'll still hang around. I'm real curious to see what the next gen cars look like, and if they did a twin turbo ecoboost I'd be REAL interested.

The Cooper S is pretty quick with the turbo. It has a little bit of lag down low, but when it pulls, it pulls very hard. I was just giggling during the test drive because you have this tiny car that just begs to be the scourge of the highways, lol. I can't wait to get that thing way up into the mountains on the twisty roads, its going to be a blast.

Theres one interesting story I remember about Mini's is from back when I lived in Utah. The local car club used to meet and we'd bomb the canyons on off days like Tuesday evenings and whatnot in mostly Subarus, but there were some variants. One guy had a Ferrari F430 he showed up in once. Then the following week he came in a Cooper S. The week after, the Mini again, so someone said "Hey man, wheres the Ferrari?" His reply was, "Oh its at home. This Mini is SO damn fun to drive in the mountains." He had a Subaru STi as well...
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by pdonket

All In good fun I promise!
OK then.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I picked up the Mini tonight, that thing is sweet, lol. Its like driving a go kart thats legal for the roads. It seems to be able to do 80mph and feel like its doing 20, so I'd better figure out how to get the radar detector mounted in there asap!

I'll try and take a bunch of pics tomorrow, fwiw on a Mustang board.

Quick Reply: Stangless again