Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear ended by a mercedes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Ok thanks guys, I was kinda joking about the red light thing haha. But anyway, I looked it over with a fresh eye and its fine, I was just worried something would go wrong internally- messed up balance or whatever- but I think its fine, I just freaked a little and blew it out of proportion... But come on, first accident. I've never even gotten curb rash so this hit me a little harder and not living near my family (first year of college) kinda made me worried. But make NO mistake, my adrenaline/jitteryness did not cause me to lose my self control and cause the "accident to get out of proportion"

I called the guy cause I really did start to feel sorry, but he refused to take his money back and now I feel like crap too haha.

Again, I really appreciate the time you guys took. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:06 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

LOL try spinning out at least 180 degree going 65-70mph with almost no control and 2 lanes of cars behind you. Now that will make you shaky and want to vomit.

Anyways, it is what it is and glad it's nothing major. The guy was off worse with having to replace his bumper cover now. Didn't even really see anything cosmetic on your picture.

Had a beemer rear end me at a few mph when I was a teen and had a chevy station wagon at the time. Got out, saw no damage (this thing was built like a tank) and didn't bother to get any info since there was nothing to claim. I let em go.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM
WhichOnesTheGas

If you don't have any bent metal your legit. Just a love tap.

Me and the Mrs. got hit by a work van who never stopped for the red light. 45+ mph. He was drunk and ran, there was a police chase...etc. Caught him. Had insurance...booyah.

Luckily it was a "flush" rear-ending and the shock absorbers did their job. New rear end.

If your teeth don't click when your hit then your golden.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I was "rear ended" by a civic while turning left at a light. He hit me at 2mph, that's why I put rear ended in quotes haha. The only damage done were some minimal scratches which I buffed out. The guy apologized, offered to pay for it and I told him to go home and don't worry about it. You won't get any mechanical damage from these types of "collisions" unless you're t-boned and hit in the wheel well.

This reminds me of my friend who has a 2011 v6 camaro. The first time he grinded his gears shifting from 2-3, he called me asking if he should take it into the shop. I felt sorry for the guy worrying himself to death and thinking about taking it into the shop for something that happens to manual drivers at least once a year haha
Old 03-19-2011, 02:19 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I was "rear ended" by a civic while turning left at a light. He hit me at 2mph, that's why I put rear ended in quotes haha. The only damage done were some minimal scratches which I buffed out. The guy apologized, offered to pay for it and I told him to go home and don't worry about it. You won't get any mechanical damage from these types of "collisions" unless you're t-boned and hit in the wheel well.

This reminds me of my friend who has a 2011 v6 camaro. The first time he grinded his gears shifting from 2-3, he called me asking if he should take it into the shop. I felt sorry for the guy worrying himself to death and thinking about taking it into the shop for something that happens to manual drivers at least once a year haha
only once a year lol. ever since i got my short throw ive been grinding the gears going in to third alot since i forget my shift is way shorter than it used to be and i mess up with the clutch lol
Old 03-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Ha what is it with Arbys?? Thats were I was rear ended... the first time.
I don't blame you for being shook up, when I got out of my car I thought I was going to throw up. I got hit at about 5 mph, so it wasn't too bad. The guy was just being a jack *** in a small parking lot. We didn't even exchange info though.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:49 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Ha what is it with Arbys?? Thats were I was rear ended... the first time.
I don't blame you for being shook up, when I got out of my car I thought I was going to throw up. I got hit at about 5 mph, so it wasn't too bad. The guy was just being a jack *** in a small parking lot. We didn't even exchange info though.
Ah tanner that sucks, you should have berated him a little for your trouble lol! But I was saving for some upgrades anyway (wanted performance mods but oh well) so I guess this gave me an excuse to put a new rear on the summer list now haha.

I have to say tho, the guy was really nice about it, seemed sorry about causing me my first "accident" and was like "Well I guess its my fault your golden streaks over son." I lol'd.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:59 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Ah tanner that sucks, you should have berated him a little for your trouble lol! But I was saving for some upgrades anyway (wanted performance mods but oh well) so I guess this gave me an excuse to put a new rear on the summer list now haha.

I have to say tho, the guy was really nice about it, seemed sorry about causing me my first "accident" and was like "Well I guess its my fault your golden streaks over son." I lol'd.
Yeah but I guess we all have to have our first accident.
Idk why it always seems to happen to the car you like though?? I drove my '96 Eclipse for a 1 1/2 before I got the Mustang. Didn't so much as curb rash a rim. Get the Mustang in about a year that damn back bumper has been tapped more than a playmate. Some how it still doesn't have a dent though all paint damage. Those bumpers are tough.

Yours really doesn't look bad at all. I say if you still want the performance mods go for those. I doubt anyone will notice those small scratches after you buff it.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:09 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Yeah but I guess we all have to have our first accident.
Idk why it always seems to happen to the car you like though?? I drove my '96 Eclipse for a 1 1/2 before I got the Mustang. Didn't so much as curb rash a rim. Get the Mustang in about a year that damn back bumper has been tapped more than a playmate. Some how it still doesn't have a dent though all paint damage. Those bumpers are tough.

Yours really doesn't look bad at all. I say if you still want the performance mods go for those. I doubt anyone will notice those small scratches after you buff it.
LOL at the playmate reference! But yeah I tot's agree, I had my camry for like 2 years and its paint/body got progressively better before I traded for the stang. And now this shiz, not even 5 months into ownership! I was like, "why god, WHY? Who did I **** off for this to happen on my day off?"

Post Note: Will no longer use drive-thru anywhere. Walking is better for me (lol) and getting rammed up the pooper feels like mild rape (even at low speeds)...
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
LOL at the playmate reference! But yeah I tot's agree, I had my camry for like 2 years and its paint/body got progressively better before I traded for the stang. And now this shiz, not even 5 months into ownership! I was like, "why god, WHY? Who did I **** off for this to happen on my day off?"

Post Note: Will no longer use drive-thru anywhere. Walking is better for me (lol) and getting rammed up the pooper feels like mild rape (even at low speeds)...
Lmao you can tell we spend quite a bit of our MF time on OT.
Yeah for the 1st time I was like "OMG first fender bender I fail at life!"
2nd time it was my fault "OMG first fender bender that was my fault!" I cried that time. lol
3rd time my Fiance's grandmother hit my bumper the same exact place I was like "Really its no big deal." At that point I was like aw its just a little less paint that before.

I have been lucky SO FAR about being hit in the same place.

Quick Reply: Rear ended by a mercedes.