Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terminator shermanator!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:32 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

Default Terminator shermanator!

I test drove an '03 Terminator today, and I must say I was unimpressed. It felt like a dog!
My '06 GT that is slightly modified (CAI, 3.73 gears, SCT custom tune, HURST short throw Shifter, Borla Axel backs) seems dramatically quicker, and tighter feeling than the Cobra!
Yes, it did seem like it could have used a tune up, but with 29,0000 miles on it I expected it to be a rocket. Am I crazy or did I just find an '03 that just was really taken care of?
Old 03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I'm thinking there was something wrong with it. When I drove one it seemed SUBSTANTIALLY faster than my 07 GT at the time. The fact that it didn't feel as solid only made it seem faster too.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

Default Possible

Originally Posted by chain1
I'm thinking there was something wrong with it. When I drove one it seemed SUBSTANTIALLY faster than my 07 GT at the time. The fact that it didn't feel as solid only made it seem faster too.
Yup, I would hope so! Was your '07 stock?
Something just felt wrong with it. I could hear the supercharger winning up but the exhaust sound, sounded well, like it was struggling! if that makes any sense. There was a lot, a lot of wheel hop too! even with the traction control off!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:01 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Terminators come with a built motor, SC, IRS, you can buy a good used one for under 20k
lightly modded with CAI and pulley 440+ rwhp, that is more than a 2011 5.0
a simple blower swap = neghborhood of 600 rwhp.
Terminators are THE best bang for the buck Mustangs.
the only reason why i dont have one is bc i already have a money pit, my 2007. i dont need 2 money pits.
here's your Terminator/shmerminator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB0cuYujW50
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

Default Beat on it

Big Deal!!! Anyone can BEAT ON a Cobra or a GT like mine and do the same stupid hole shots! So what!!! He's proving NOTHING but the fact he can burn up those tires quickly.!!!!
Heck ,I can make the same video with my GT and you'd think it was something else!!!!

When I was a kid (16) I burned threw a set of tires (boy did those babies smoke and you didn't have to do a brake torque to do it, I just floored it) in my mom's '68 Eldorado in less than 3 Months.And I only drove it on the weekends! Boy was my Dad pissed!!!!. Sure helped with 3000 pounds on that front end tho cus both tires would burn a block long!

This BEAST!!! Weight: 4,680 Pounds with a 472 Cubic Inch V-8 (375 Horsepower) Maximum torque: 525 ft.-lbs. Bore and stroke: 4.30 x 4.06 inches Compression ratio: 10.5 to 1 and a Rochester Quadrajet (model 7028230), consistently beat my buddies OLDS cutlass 455ci!
I took 'er took the track and did 0-60 mph 9.4 Quarter mile 15.9 !!! At Roughly a thousand pounds more it's only 3 seconds slower than a Cobra!
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

terminators beauty is in the eye of the beholder in my opinion. Termie owners LOVE AND DROOL over them...some non termie owners envy everyone on the road..and me...I dont like em....uncomfortable ride...not a fan of the body style then..and sure you can get allot of power out of them for sure...but just not my cup of tea...my body is not built for a termie or the termie is not built for my body (Chicken or egg theory) not knocking them at all...and yes OP must have been something wrong with it..because they are faster than a stock gt or even slightly modded one..
Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

I don't really mean to put them down. But I was considering it to buy for $21,000 but as I stated, something just didn't feel right. Yeah even my kids thought the ride was poor. You know they never leave anything out there. Brutal honesty.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

I should just throw a supercharger on mine and be done with it, RIGHT?!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ovrpar6
I should just throw a supercharger on mine and be done with it, RIGHT?!!!
ROFL!!!!!!!

Sorry I dont mean to laugh...I remember the day when I made that statement......
I will just put a saleen on my 05 gt and be done with it....then mods kept coming and coming...then I said...let me sell my 05 gt and get a gt500 and I will leave it alone and be done with it.....
3 years later....im still not done with it.....
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ovrpar6
Big Deal!!! Anyone can BEAT ON a Cobra or a GT like mine and do the same stupid hole shots! So what!!! He's proving NOTHING but the fact he can burn up those tires quickly.!!!!
Heck ,I can make the same video with my GT and you'd think it was something else!!!!

When I was a kid (16) I burned threw a set of tires (boy did those babies smoke and you didn't have to do a brake torque to do it, I just floored it) in my mom's '68 Eldorado in less than 3 Months.And I only drove it on the weekends! Boy was my Dad pissed!!!!. Sure helped with 3000 pounds on that front end tho cus both tires would burn a block long!

This BEAST!!! Weight: 4,680 Pounds with a 472 Cubic Inch V-8 (375 Horsepower) Maximum torque: 525 ft.-lbs. Bore and stroke: 4.30 x 4.06 inches Compression ratio: 10.5 to 1 and a Rochester Quadrajet (model 7028230), consistently beat my buddies OLDS cutlass 455ci!
I took 'er took the track and did 0-60 mph 9.4 Quarter mile 15.9 !!! At Roughly a thousand pounds more it's only 3 seconds slower than a Cobra!
I have no idea where you are going with this thread. At first it seemed you had a question about a car you were thinking of buying but now it seems as though you started a thread to bash the Terminator. I think I'm confused.

Quick Reply: Terminator shermanator!