Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:48 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Unhappy I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!

Alright guys I am sorry to bother you with another tuning question, but I am really sick of this email tune ****!!! I just got a tune from Justin @ VMP the other day (was only $250) that I payed for with the money I got back when I returned my BAP to brenspeed. I put it in the car the other day and honestly I HATED it. It started up all weird on the first start up (maybe the car was just getting used to it) and the car just felt sluggish and I honestly didnt want to hurt it. I loaded JDMs EMAIL TUNE back in and drove the rest of the night. In order to get my VMP tune all dialed in I either have to get a wideband or have it put on the dyno to check my air/fuel before I do any WOT datalogs (wideband is another $200 or a dyno is $150). I am honestly just thinking about skipping all this back and forth email tuning **** and just going with a straight out dyno tune. Instead of spending another $150 or $200 I really want to just to spend the $450 (birthday gift) for a dyno tune and BE DONE!!!! I really am getting sick of the back and forth with the email tunes and dont want to hurt my car in the process. I figure if I have it dyno tuned they will get the most out of it and I can finally just drive and enjoy the car and not always have a knot in my stomach on whether my car is ok or not. I have an email tune through JDM right now and they continue to say "its fine, its fine" but yet Jim Jr. doesnt even want to datalog... WTF is that about....... I spent $285 for the email tune (was to last me until they can dyno tune it), $750 for the gt500 fuel system, and not looking to spend $450 on a dyno tune from them but they dont seem to want to help. I have an appointment for Sept.15 for a dyno tune (a month from now) that I made last month (2 month wait time?!?!?!?!?). I have evolution performance and also Tillman speed in my area who both deal with s197 mustangs and are great tuners and have both dealt with an automatic m90 car. I mean I just dont feel important with JDM unless you are spend thousands, and I have read plenty of posts on here and other forums that people have problems with JDM's mail tunes and all JDM says is, "its fine" or "yeah, thats normal". I even get an advance trac service light that I only go with their tune and they say "its normal".

Basically I am asking whether I should get a wideband and dial in the vmp tune, or just say f*** it and go with a dyno tune and finally be done so I can enjoy the car. HP numbers arent really what I am worried about, its how safe the car is. I am 18 (as of tomorrow lol) and this car is my DD, so if I blow the motor I am screwed for a few months until I can buy a daily beater or build the motor. Also should I wait another WHOLEEEE month for JDM or go with evolution or Tillman???

I am sorry to be annoying but you guys on here really help me out with anything. I am so worried about this car its literally affecting my daily life lol. I just want to enjoy my thousands of $$ in mods but enjoy them safely....
Old 08-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Dyno tune and be done.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Tough call with wideband or a straight up Dyno tune. From what I've read from all your posts, it seems like you're really worried about the car being right, as you should be. That being said, from also reading all your posts, I don't think you'll be completely at peace with an email tune. This is your baby, if ya got it, drop the $$$ for a dyno tune, be at peace in the back of your mind, and go have fun my man!!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:21 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I think you should just stop all the trouble with the email tunes and go right for the dyno tune. It'll be more accurate, you can have some peace of mind, and if anything feels wrong you can take it back to them and make sure they fix whatever might be bothering you.

Definitely sucks that you're having so many problems with this whole blower setup process. Life sometimes just loves to throw kinks in any process it can lol
Old 08-14-2011, 04:54 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

dyno tune
Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys!! I really just want to enjoy the damn car already. I mean I havent gotten on it yet since the s/c install except the 60-80 i did once or twice. I am going to call Tillman Speed, Evolution Performance, and Krazy House customs tomorrow and see what they say. Any suggestions on the 3 I suggested? I also wonder if chris rose still tunes at Tillman cause out of the 3 I would rather him do it. and I know Jimmy Larocca tunes at Krazy House near me and they use a mustang dyno.

I just want it to be done right and have the trans tune done good too. Also Krazy house is 30 mins away and Evolution and Tillman are 1hr30mins so that is something to consider too say I ever have a problem.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:29 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I am stuck between Tillman speed and Krazy house!!!! If anything I can also just have my JDM email tune checked and just not beat on it until they dyno tune it. It just bugs the sh!ttttttt out of me that JDM is one of the best out there for the roush blower and I LOVE their auto. tranny tune, but I would have to wait a month for a tune from them.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

OMFG I AM SO PISSED!!!

For starters...let's stop posting in all caps and acting like the world is ending because your having tune problems.

Then, maybe it will make people more inclined to help you and converse like adults.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:53 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

No pun intended but I said way back when you started this that you just needed to go strait dyno tune period. I'm sure JDM and VMP have great tunes for those that need them by email, with that said on my last car (that had an M-90) I had a dyno tune and I'm about 100% sure I couldn't have got that type of satisfaction from JDM or VMP. I realize both companies are regarded as very good nationally but you can't beat a good dyno tune IMO, they have your car right there in front of them to work on it and make adjustments. I think you should just pony up and get the dyno tune, it might be more expensive but I really thought it was worth it.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
OMFG I AM SO PISSED!!!

For starters...let's stop posting in all caps and acting like the world is ending because your having tune problems.

Then, maybe it will make people more inclined to help you and converse like adults.
Ouch, I would do a dyno tune and be done with it...

Quick Reply: I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!