Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to conceal sig in my '10

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Where to conceal sig in my '10

I've got my ccw and wondering if anyone who's carrying has found a good place besides the glove box thats within easy reach. In the 06 it was tight, but between the seat and the center console was fine. Its too tight in the 10. No way a P250 compact is fitting in the either center console compartment, and I dont want to lean over to the glove box in an emergency. Underseat has too many wires, motors, etc...anybody figure out a good place? This is legal in Colorado, so please, no lectures about safety, etc...I'm trained and have used handguns for years and this is completely legit.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:07 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Interesting, certainly haven't seen a post like this around here. But anyway, lets proceed haha. I suppose you're probably a righty, which would make it harder to find a great place. You could probably mount a holster to the left side of the center stack out of clear view but close enough that you could very easily reach down with your right hand and have your ccw in hand.

I was thinking for a lefty, you could mount a holster on the left hand side of the drivers side seat so that it would be completely inconspicuous to reach down for it and pull it with your left.

Last edited by pdonket; 04-04-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

mount a holster on the back of the passenger seat, pretty easy to reach and its out of sight.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:27 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Rule #1- Always keep your firearm on your person. I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT and I have two Uncle Mikes holsters..A small pancake waist, and an ankle holster.. DON"T LEAVE YOUR FIREARM IN YOUR CAR....When the SHTF, you want it on your body, perferable on your waist..You can't tell the scumbag, "Hang on a second while I run to my car to get my gun."
Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I just set my gym bag on the back of the console between it and the back seat...it sits there nicely and with a sweatshirt etc in it my gun sets on top right in easy reach and is pretty much out of sight...and I can grab it and take it with me...

Last edited by Lifter583; 04-04-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:35 AM
BLKSTAGE3
1st Gear Member

I don't have a gun but have had to hide things before and under the dashboard would probably make sense, if you fit a holster there.

Interesting thread
Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I just set my gym bag on the back of the console between it and the back seat...it sits there nicely and with a sweatshirt etc in it my gun sets on top right in easy reach and is pretty much out of sight...and I can grab it and take it with me...
This seems like a good idea if you don't want to carry it.
Will it not fit under the seat? Not the best place, but could be an option.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:16 PM
transporter1414
1st Gear Member

Try this: http://www.adjunct.diodon349.com/att...at_holster.htm
Old 04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

If you have a base 2010 GT like mine, there is a pocket behind the passenger seat which would work well for you. Not sure on the Premiums though.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I've got my ccw and wondering if anyone who's carrying has found a good place besides the glove box thats within easy reach. In the 06 it was tight, but between the seat and the center console was fine. Its too tight in the 10. No way a P250 compact is fitting in the either center console compartment, and I dont want to lean over to the glove box in an emergency. Underseat has too many wires, motors, etc...anybody figure out a good place? This is legal in Colorado, so please, no lectures about safety, etc...I'm trained and have used handguns for years and this is completely legit.
I carry a gun wherever I go and have found several good hiding places.

If I am in my car it sits on the seat next to me if I am on a long trip or in it's holster on my hip. I wear clothes that conceal it.

99% of the time it on my person.

If you want to leave your gun in the car, which I discourage. I can fit a G27, up to a full size SW4006 in the center console area where your right leg would be rubbing against the plastic part underneath the radio stuff. You can reach back there and hide stuff where most theives wouldn't look.

Second is the back seat. It lifts up with no tools and and most guns could be placed under the seat no problem.

Quick Reply: Where to conceal sig in my '10