Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
JMcDonald

Default Mods

Hello all,

I know this is probably posted all the time but what should my first mods be? I just bought a 2011 gt (will post pics later) and have about 3k to play with? I dont know a lot about cars but the basic knowledge is there and I'm learning as I go. Here in about two months i'll be re-enlisting for a lot of money and I'll have another 10k to put into the car so I'm really looking to making this car as fast as possible. I want to eventually supercharge it but is there anything that is a must before I do that?

I was thinking until I reenlist to go with an Airaid CAI, headers and the borla ATAK for starters.. Any suggestions to this and what I can do with the 10k?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Are you wanting to do any appearance mods or all performance?
I'm sure a lot of people are going to recommend tune and CAI, but idk if you need to do the tune after the supercharger or not.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:28 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

If you get a supercharger, you'll need a specific tune. Call Brenspeed and talk superchargers/tunes/installs. They will be the best you can get from what I hear. That would def. be the way to go if you have that amount to play with! Also, get rid of the stock grille, change that exhaust note and have fun! Welcome to Mustangforums!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 PM
JMcDonald

Both appearance and performance but if push came to shove I'd spend the money on performance over appearance
Old 04-09-2011, 06:39 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

If u start off with a CAI and a tuner plus whatever else u are going to get u will need a custom tune. I would go with brenspeed especially if later on your gong to get a supercharger. If u do go this route u will buy the supercharger from them and then the tune will be free. If u have someone else tune it cost money. I would recommend calling them. As im not sure with the new 5.0 motors can handle as far as horsepower and the bottom end of your engine.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:32 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

If you're going to spend the coin on the sc, dont put any money into a CAI. It's just money tossed down the drain right now. What gears do you have in it now? 3.55, 3.73? Automatic or manual? For supercharger, you should be calling Brenspeed. They can do an install for you and make sure the warranty is not a problem with Ford. Ford cant void your warranty for an SC install, but its easier if you have a certified shop install it to avoid red tape if its needed.

Headers, mufflers, cams,...there's lots to do. I havent even mentioned appearance, but that's totally up to your taste. Some ppl like the stock look just fine. So far Ive done grille, prepainted quarter window louvers, and I've got tail/fog/headlamp smoked covers on the way. All of that can be done for about 400 bucks or so from AM and a warm morning in the garage.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:04 PM
JMcDonald

As of right now everything is stock and its a 6 spd. I realize there’s a lot to do but all i have is time and money so what I need is the forums experience and knowledge. I'll give brenspeed a call and see what they have to say for the 2011 though. Also as far as warranty goes I don’t know if it’s just my dealership or not but they told me anything I do voids the warranty. Seeing as how I bought the car to mod it I'm going to end up voiding the warranty anyway. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

What branch are you in JMcDonald?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
JMcDonald

Air Force I'm an Air Traffic Controller.. Yourself?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:04 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Navy, Electronics Technician (Comms). That's a pretty sweet job! Good luck on whatever mods you decide to go with. I still have yet to even see my car. Only 13 more days! It won't be long until I start messing with mine too.

Quick Reply: Mods