Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Default How rare is my Mustang?

Well, I found some production PDF's for 2008 and 2009 and started doing a little bit of quick math. I have the Chamois interior option which I thought was quite rare and the more math I do, the more rare my car seems to be. I'd like to know if theres any way for me to tell exactly how many cars were produced with my options from the factory.

Chamois interior example
Click the image to open in full size.

My car
Click the image to open in full size.

2008 Production Numbers PDF
2009 Production Numbers PDF

Chamois was only an option in 2007 and 2008 according to brochures, according to the production numbers they were produced in 2009 as well.

Total S197 Mustangs built between 2005 and 2009 model years: 640,041
Total Chamois interiors in '08: 293
Total Chamois interiors in '09: 106

Total Mustang GT Coupes with Chamois interiors in 08: 102

I also have the seemingly rare factory spoiler delete option.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

----------------------------FRPP Handling Package/FRPP Intake/FRPP Shelby GT Mufflers----------------------------
sicride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vehicle: '14 GT/CS

I love you interior and spoiler delete FTW.

2014 GT/CS MT - Stock
Sold: 2005 4.0
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: ...

yeah the interior is very nice. Are you the original owner? Looks like someone made that car a Bullit replica based on the grill, no spoiler and wheels.

Either way the car looks very nice and thats the exact grill that I want....too bad its so expensive...
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang

Wasn't aware of that option! Very nice, and I'm sure it has some value!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into believing it's a collectors item, despite how beautiful it is. Enjoy it now.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: Street car: viper srt10 coupe, 505 ci

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into believing it's a collectors item, despite how beautiful it is. Enjoy it now.

There are a million S197s out there, literally. Very nice car and all that...but you see one at every intersection. To most, it will just be another stang...all be it, a very nice one.
forensicsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
sicride
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
yeah the interior is very nice. Are you the original owner? Looks like someone made that car a Bullit replica based on the grill, no spoiler and wheels.

Either way the car looks very nice and thats the exact grill that I want....too bad its so expensive...
Thanks for the compliments. I'm second owner, though I believe it is a factory spoiler delete option. I don't plan on locking her up to be a collector. I'd just like to know how many were made this way for curiosity reasons. I know they are able to do this kind of thing for Shelby's etc. How do they get this information?

----------------------------FRPP Handling Package/FRPP Intake/FRPP Shelby GT Mufflers----------------------------
sicride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicride View Post
Thanks for the compliments. I'm second owner, though I believe it is a factory spoiler delete option. I don't plan on locking her up to be a collector. I'd just like to know how many were made this way for curiosity reasons. I know they are able to do this kind of thing for Shelby's etc. How do they get this information?

Basically just looking for the part numbers. I know it has been posted a few times about the Shelby and there is a sticky with all the part numbers that are needed.

With the Bullit, its basically just getting the grill, paint, and wheels...since it came with the factory spoiler delete option.

Personally if I wanted to spend the money, I really like the look of the Bullit's....no badges, no spoiler, no fog lights and I really like the paint options. I will eventually get that grill cause its the look I am going for but $370 to spend on a grill is a lot of coin to spend on a grill...
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
a1kemist

I get interested about my car production, and just out of curiosity as well. Too bad Ford never really released the info. They were good about it for 2005 and then dropped the ball after that. Rough estimates are out there but nothing concrete that I can find.

Silver Mustang Registry #1185
Roush Front Fascias, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush Rear Wing, Roush Louvers, Roush Strut Tower Brace, Nine Bar Grille, 15% Llumar Tint, SLP Loudmouths, Nitto 555 285/40/18R & 255/45/18F on Black 18" FR500's, FRPP 4.10, BBK CAI, 93 Brenspeed Tune, 5spd Automatic

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"
alkemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang

My car is 1 of 1.

Gone->11 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS Auto 13.284 @ 107.44 (DA Corrected 12.809 @ 111.502)
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:30 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
18r, 2005, 2008, brochure, bullitt, chamois, delete, find, ford, gt, mustang, options, pdf, rare, rarity, sales, spoiler, vin