Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what I Found! First BOSS 302 off the line!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Boss #1

Deepest Congratulations man!

We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

lol you guys are just amkign stuff up, this will be like the stories on how much i paid for teh car in a week. i had someone i know come up to me and say they heard i paid $18k over for 0001 lol

Also, i ninja edited some of my posts. they wer ebad form for me to give detials about buyer without permission. i didnt think about his privacy when i felt fine sharing details about it. anyway, i also overshared and may have created a few cyberstalkers for myself!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Nah. Not stalkers. Just perpetual ever present worshipers who know they are in the presence of greatness, LOL

Really though, your story of selling you Boss #0001 for well more than you paid is a seriously great one that I know I will never forget.
I bet that dealer in DFW is seriously kicking himself in the *** over and over for not realizing just which car they just sold to you for nearly sticker price.
I bet he won't ever forget this car either!
Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Nah. Not stalkers. Just perpetual ever present worshipers who know they are in the presence of greatness, LOL

Really though, your story of selling you Boss #0001 for well more than you paid is a seriously great one that I know I will never forget.
I bet that dealer in DFW is seriously kicking himself in the *** over and over for not realizing just which car they just sold to you for nearly sticker price.
I bet he won't ever forget this car either!
lol not you guys, you shold see the cooks emailing my ebay account... omg

and i talekd to the salesman yesterday. he was liek hey shane what about that key fob for teh other car you traded, we already sold it and the buyer wants it. i said id bring it when i got the plates, he asked how i liekd it. i said i love it and you might hear this anyway so it might as well be from me... i sold it for "that magic number that shant be named" . he want NO FUKIN WAY!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
lol not you guys, you shold see the cooks emailing my ebay account... omg

and i talekd to the salesman yesterday. he was liek hey shane what about that key fob for teh other car you traded, we already sold it and the buyer wants it. i said id bring it when i got the plates, he asked how i liekd it. i said i love it and you might hear this anyway so it might as well be from me... i sold it for "that magic number that shant be named" . he want NO FUKIN WAY!
HAHA I can only imagine the look on his face! That's awesome! You've definitely got a story to tell man. I just love this story, I'll definitely be passing it on to others!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:24 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

I have told this story to my soldiers at work and their response was "No fuking WAY", to which I tell them not only is it true, but it happened in TEXAS!!!! HOOAH
Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
DESERTEAGLE50
1st Gear Member

look at this ebay add

The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 #0002!!!

You are viewing the #2 Boss 302 off the Ford assembly line. As you have perhaps noticed, the #0001 car is also for sale on Ebay. These cars are twins as far as colors and options so they have an MSRP of $43,465 including Recaro seats, Torsen Rear axle and the Boss 302 cover and Boss floor mats. Competition Orange with Black accents...the hottest looking and exclusive to the Boss. All the other colors you can get a Boss in, you can also get a regular 5.0 in so here comes the clones on white, red, blue, etc. but NOT the Comp Orange without a full repaint so that will help people know your Boss is the real deal!!

Like the 0001 car this 0002 car should be bought by a serious collector who understands the historic and investment potential of these cars. Now, generally is the #2 worth as much usually as the #1 car off the line?....probably not BUT look carefully at collector cars that are sold in the market years down the road. Having the #2 car puts you in the same class of collector car and who is to say something won't happen to the #1 car down the road. I have owned a very extensive collection of cars and have been blessed to own some of the finest cars made over the years. This car is no exception. In fact, of all the cars I have ever owned, this one may stand out as the "coolest" car for what it is and what it was made to do. At this point in my life however, I am slowly selling off my collection of cars. I also own a 1993 Cobra with only 700 miles that will soon be listed.

Now, let's talk about history and condition of this Boss.....

I did not "luck" upon this car like the owner of #1 did (that is a cool story). I actually ordered my car directly from a dealer THE DAY (10 am in the morning actually) the orders could be placed after the dealers received their allocation. I got a call from the General Sales Manager the second he got his allocation and he plugged my order in within 20 minutes. This car also came from Texas. Not only do I have all of the usual factory documentation but I also have the factory invoice, the order confirmation and invoice and all other supporting documentation that will add value over the years. I have documents that most any other buyers would never have regarding their order. I have email chains from the Ford rep to the dealer that were forwarded to me, the order acceptance documents and the previously mentioned invoice. I also have a copy of the MSO as well from Ford. Lots and lots of documentation.

Did I have a clue I would get Boss 0002!!? Heck NO!!!! I was blown away the day the car came in! I was there as the truck pulled into the dealership and watched it roll off the truck! The dealer (Sales Manager) immediately took over and saw to it that no plastic, stickers or other valuable items were removed from the car. The oil and tire pressure was checked and other safety items checked that Ford requires the Dealer to do before they can release the car but the car was not washed and all window stickers, bar codes and all marking were left 100% intact. I paid for the car that was that. I have since properly and carefully hand washed the car with all the care that any person could ever do and made sure the car is in 100% assembly line condition (not showroom condition BUT ASSEMBLY LINE CONDITION!....BIG difference!) There is not a scratch on this car or any kind of damage. Floor mats, books and Boss 302 cover is in the trunk. Plastic on floors, seats, steering wheel, door panels switches, radio, etc. Even the green little stickers are on all four wheels and tires (not pictured but I promise, they're there!) The antenna is even in the trunk and has never been screwed on the car! I have it covered with a Kimberly Clark "Dustop" $350 custom fit cover that I ordered the day the car came in so I would not have to use the factory cover. I ordered this custom cover with the Boss 302 script written on it as well. This cover will come with the car (see pictures). The "Red Key" has not been activated or inserted into the ignition.

Now, I am not taking anything away from the #0001 car by any means, that is a serious collectible as well but read the internet articles and posts. The owner of that car drove the car hard by his own admission up to 140 MPH! He spoke of his plans to race the car etc., removed the factory exhaust plates, put his kid's car seats in the car...etc, etc. etc. Hey, that's what these cars are made for but the serious collector knows what these low production number cars potential can be worth so I am glad he is going to sell his car. The #1 car has been PDI'd at the dealer and all plastic and stickers removed. The car has been treated like any other car. I am not saying that's wrong but I want the collector who buys this car to know that they will get the car in the condition it left the factory in....period! How much more is the 0001 car worth than the 0002 car down the road in 20 + years with all this in mind....probably not much if you consider that these cars are only in assembly line condition once! Once the quality control grease pencil marks are gone, bar code stickers, etc., the car can never return to assembly line condition. Plus remember, documentation is the key on collector cars like this.

This car was actually used as a "pre-launch" press car and photographed leaving the factory. The new owner of this car will have one serious and beautiful collector car on their hands and something that is sure to be a valuable collectible for generations to come. Many experts believe that the next 3-4 years will change the Internal Combustion Engine powered performance car landscape FOREVER and the Boss 302 is sure to be a car that ends up sitting at the top of the food chain of all Muscle Cars ever made at any time in history.

My good name is far more important to me than any amount of money so please know, you will get this car just as I have described it. I am listing this car at a LOW RESERVE compared to what it will likely bring so someone WILL own this car! This car is lien free and I hold the clear title in my hands so no worries about trying to chase down a title or a lien release. I am not in a financial hardship position or desperate so please do not waste my time with foolish offers but I will entertain legit fair offers and end the auction early for the right price, if it sells locally, or for any other reason so feel free to contact me at or email me through Ebay. If you really want this car, don't miss it. Please respect my time and keep questions and emails or calls that do not directly have to do with an offer or desire to purchase this car to yourself. I appreciate it and thank you.

GOOD LUCK MUSTANG FANATICS!

Last edited by DESERTEAGLE50; 05-05-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

pure un-adulterated sweetness... congrats...
Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

There you go shane. Out of debt, and still have a boss mustang.

Told you guys that #0001 would be worth some change.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:12 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Congrats, If I owned that car it would be a garage queen.

Quick Reply: Look what I Found! First BOSS 302 off the line!