Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Giddyup

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Default Giddyup

So I finally got my JLT CAI and Tune installed today. Its like driving a whole new car and I am using the 87 performance tune. Have to go through the rest of the tank before I jump to the 91 race.

Install was pretty much a breeze. THis was my first performance mod Ive ever installed or made to a car Ive owned. My hardest part was getting the plastic tube into the 90 degree rubber elbow. Getting the elbow on the throttle body was pretty easy for me.

I took pics of the OEM intake removed and the new one installed so I will post some pics later but the CAI + Tune is everything as advertised and I have a 2008 GT with 5 speed.....the car just wants to get up and go now...

I think the addiction to modding has finally hit me

Edit: Also, thanks to Nuke for letting me know about modifying the gear ratio after I received my custom tunes...

Edit 2: Finally got around to getting the pics uploaded....

Last edited by TheYeti; 04-22-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheYeti
So I finally got my JLT CAI and Tune installed today. Its like driving a whole new car and I am using the 87 performance tune. Have to go through the rest of the tank before I jump to the 91 race.

Install was pretty much a breeze. THis was my first performance mod Ive ever installed or made to a car Ive owned. My hardest part was getting the plastic tube into the 90 degree rubber elbow. Getting the elbow on the throttle body was pretty easy for me.

I took pics of the OEM intake removed and the new one installed so I will post some pics later but the CAI + Tune is everything as advertised and I have a 2008 GT with 5 speed.....the car just wants to get up and go now...

I think the addiction to modding has finally hit me

Edit: Also, thanks to Nuke for letting me know about modifying the gear ratio after I received my custom tunes...

Congrats bro, it's a great feeling stomping on that pedal now huh! Get those pics up so we can drool. haha
Old 04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

While I liked the CAI and tune as my first mod when I had my
06 GT, it did not have the "whole new car" feeling as far as power like some say here.

I think I enjoyed my gears better than the CAI/tune.

Congrats on the mod!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

BakerJD: Thanks but mine wont look as good as yours. Mine is just the straight black paint

Blacksmoke: I feel it most in the throttle. The car just seems to want to go. Funny you mention gears because 4:10s was going to be my next mod....prob about July..
Old 04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheYeti
...4:10s was going to be my next mod....prob about July..
WOW! We think so much alike it's scary man! I've been looking for a shop to do an install roughly around the same time! That's awesome! I'm thinking 3.73's but that's only because I'm going forced induction probably by the end of next summer hopefully (want to pay cash and with student loans it's hard to save that kind of money! haha)

And I'm sure your CAI will look great because the black looks amazing too!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:21 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
WOW! We think so much alike it's scary man! I've been looking for a shop to do an install roughly around the same time! That's awesome! I'm thinking 3.73's but that's only because I'm going forced induction probably by the end of next summer hopefully (want to pay cash and with student loans it's hard to save that kind of money! haha)

And I'm sure your CAI will look great because the black looks amazing too!
haha nice..yeah I dont think I will get to the FI route so 4:10s it is. I got a trip thats got to be paid off so thats why it wont happen sooner...
Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

bump...pics added.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it. Loading the 87 tune first and then stepping up to the next higher octane tune is a great way to get a feel for each tune. The higher octane tunes aren't just about a few more HP/torque; it's about overall characteristics and engine response. Keep us posted as you change tunes.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Deleted duplicate post.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:09 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

will do...should fill up within the next day or so and will be my second tank on 91 so I'll load the race tune. Looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: Giddyup