Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the family mustang WTF!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

I say that if they are going to share a Mustang platform, build a newer higher-class one. Give either Lincoln or Mercury some love. They have a pretty unshakable formula with the Mustang. Remove any of the elements and it just isn't the same.

Also about the 4-door thing, most of the Chargers I see that come in for service at work are fleets. Most fleet vehicles are boring as well. I don't want a vanilla-flavored Mustang.

And this is especially hitting home for me as I have been considering buying a 2014 or 2015 as I will be graduating college next year and will have a few years of working under my belt to put a decent payment down for one. Only thing is that I'm not sure how well this dream will work out as I am going to school to be a teacher, which means I will most-likely need to start in an urban school, and the Senate Bill 5 is screwing everything up as well. So I may be hanging on to my already paid-off '05 v6 for longer than I had imagined. (Sorry for the personal story, but I have REALLY been looking forward to any news of these next gens.)
Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Oh screw that. I best not ever pull up next to a four doored mustang at a stop light.
I could see myself pulling up to one at a stoplight in my Snake...I am sure I would be pointing and laughing hysterically !!
Old 04-21-2011, 10:43 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

It would never happen. One it looks like crap and second if you want a 4 door get a sport focus or something like that.

Ford would never mess up the "image" of the mustang and what its known for.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:45 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMan1718
I say that if they are going to share a Mustang platform, build a newer higher-class one. Give either Lincoln or Mercury some love. They have a pretty unshakable formula with the Mustang. Remove any of the elements and it just isn't the same.

Also about the 4-door thing, most of the Chargers I see that come in for service at work are fleets. Most fleet vehicles are boring as well. I don't want a vanilla-flavored Mustang.

And this is especially hitting home for me as I have been considering buying a 2014 or 2015 as I will be graduating college next year and will have a few years of working under my belt to put a decent payment down for one. Only thing is that I'm not sure how well this dream will work out as I am going to school to be a teacher, which means I will most-likely need to start in an urban school, and the Senate Bill 5 is screwing everything up as well. So I may be hanging on to my already paid-off '05 v6 for longer than I had imagined. (Sorry for the personal story, but I have REALLY been looking forward to any news of these next gens.)
I'll be voting against senate bill 5! It's a shame to see that happen.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 PM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
I'll be voting against senate bill 5! It's a shame to see that happen.
Not to derail this thread, but thank you!

I find it funny that one of my professors is actually supporting it. Her logic is that it will create more jobs for us but at the cost of lesser pay, retirement, and benefits, I don't think it's worth it. And it's not only teachers that are getting screwed over, but many others as well. I'm surprised such a thing has made it this far.

But I guess the bright side is the South is currently in need of teachers, and it is easier to DD a Mustang with less snow.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:30 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

Thats when ford will go downhill, unfortunate really

Yet again, ford wouldn't ever do something that dissappointing to a mustang, I'm sure it'll never happen.

Last edited by JayBeStangs94; 04-22-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I read an article on this a few days ago I really dont think it'll happen I'll laugh uncobntrollably at anyone who buys them if it does happen but I dont believe it will.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:09 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Oh screw that. I best not ever pull up next to a four doored mustang at a stop light.
Lol! Ain't that the truth. Get romped on with their family and all lol.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 AM
BlueBellThunder
2nd Gear Member

If they make a four door mustang then the end of the world isn't far off.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:51 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

I have a Jeep Wrangler. When Mopar came out with these everyone thought it was sacrilegious too ..

Now they outsell the 2-doors by around 4 to 1 ...

Quick Reply: the family mustang WTF!?!?