Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Damage from the Movie Theater Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 01:23 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default Some Damage from the Movie Theater Tonight

So, I went to see The Hangover 2 tonight, which was pretty good, if anyone was wondering.

I got back out to the car, and someone had swiped across the drivers side fender and dented it a bit, and then taken some of the paint off of my GT/CS front fascia just in front of the fender.

The dent is right along the fender flare, and it stripped the paint. It's pretty bad damage for a parking lot bump. No note, of course.

I'm not overly upset about it...things happen, and now that it is done I just have to fix it and move on. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow.

This is a good time for this to happen...if it had to happen. I plan on ordering a Cervinis C-Series Front Fascia hopefully by the end of next week, so I'm not really worried about the paint missing on the GT/CS front. The main concern is the dent and the scratched paint. It's probably a golf ball sized dent, by my best comparison.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That sucks.
It seems a lot of accidents have been happening to members lately.
At least you were already planning on replacing the bumper.
People are such asshats, step up and leave a freaking note.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Planeswalker

That sucks, the same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I seen who did it but she didn't have insurance and was arrested for warrants, so I had to eat the repairs anyway.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:32 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, the bumper isn't damaged at all, it's just paint missing.

Like I said, I'm not getting bent out of shape about it. People come on here so upset all the time about things like this, and I'll admit I've done it before, but there are many worse things that could have happened. Just gotta shrug this one off and handle it. I don't think it should be too expensive...but I'm no expert.

I almost feel like I could pop the dent out myself if I could get behind it. I'll see tomorrow. I tried tonight, but the material that lines the inside of the wheel well is in the way.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:48 AM
SpeedDemon1992

Sorry to read about that, you have a cool attitude about it which is great.

Came out of the grocery store one day and someone had rammed a shopping cart under the drivers side mirror against the door. Since as you know the car is low, that lifted the mirror some too.

Sometimes you just have to eat these things. Once I parked next to a guy in a junker pickup eating a burger at the local MacDonalds. Coming out he started giving me grief about how I had parked too near his truck and how "there were other spots available in the parking lot." I had a snappy retort but had to eat it because I was going to grab a bite and didn't want my ride keyed.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:01 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I snapped some photos just a second ago. Here is the damage:

Like I said, I'm not really worried about the paint that's off of the front bumper. Anybody have any ideas of the cost to get that dent fixed?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:16 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

i saw the midnight premiere it was really funny but im sorry this happened to you..my guess would be to buy one of those $20 dent remover things (may be more or less ) and then some touch up paint and that should be about it butim no expert
Old 05-28-2011, 11:26 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

That sucks man. I hope you can pop it back out without too much trouble. And hopefully the dent hasn't cracked/spiderwebbed the paint, because then you might have to have the whole thing repainted.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:28 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
That sucks man. I hope you can pop it back out without too much trouble. And hopefully the dent hasn't cracked/spiderwebbed the paint, because then you might have to have the whole thing repainted.
someones a debbie downer
Old 05-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Unfortunate.. but seemingly inevitable despite our attempts to avoid such situations... I'm not body expert, but being the damage was done to the seam I would imagine the work would be a little more involved than just using a cheap dent remove scheme. Hopefully I'm wrong. I have a similar one on the back wheel area, but it is about a dime size. Pascal's presence is requested to better answer this... Hehe.

Quick Reply: Some Damage from the Movie Theater Tonight