Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An odd "NEW & USED" 2011 GT Premium, What's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Buy mine.....
Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

dude i don't know what you are into, but the 11 GT is a huge, huge, huge, step up from an 11 V6. if you are after power and performance id take that demo car as it is every single time over a new V6. Tell them to fix the damage and offer them the 25k you mentioned. The wheels appear to be actual Shelby american racing wheels, that would cost you 1200-ish plus rubber and the car is definitely lowered. To each their own, yes the V6 is a major step up from your old car but if you get bit by the mod/speed bug you may come to regret getting the v6. i know i would.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:48 AM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

I'd pass. I had a friend who's dad was a Chevy dealer. My friend always got demos, I've seen how they are treated.

Pass.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

you guys have to keep in mind short of cosmetic issues and rubber burned off the tires, the car has a warranty. its not like he can roll out of the dealer, find the tranny is toast and not go right back and have it fixed. you seriously think used cars bought from an individual have been treated any better? i drove the shat out of all the other cars i traded. the fact that it was a demo is a non-issue in my eyes. it just means they have a lot more room to deal.

FWIW at the dealership my cousin works out ragging a demo is grounds for firing. ?might not be that way everywhere, but some demos are better taken care of than the salesman own cars.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:32 AM
timothybh

Interesting how things have changed recently with the engines. How the V6 is now on par with the 2010 GT, but now the 2011+ GT is a whole other ball game.

I will say I wasn't blown away by the V6 with me and two passengers. Flooring it while at 30 mph still would put you in the back of the seat, something my Elantra would never do.

What do to do:
I'm trying to figure out if I want the GT power that I never had, vs the V6's added safety options, luxury features, and color. The price will probably be a wash with the added insurance cost between the two.

I suppose I should give it a shot and see what they say. $25k with repairs, no more. Don't fight for more warranty?

Sounded like the demo was personal use just for the dealer owner, not everyone, and that I should call ahead of time to be sure it wasn't at his house to test drive it.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Chucks95RT

Demo cars are driven like rental cars...
Doesn't matter if it has a warranty or not, if I took one of the new stangs off this board at a meet and drove it like I stole it...I would probably get my legs broken for mistreating it. Demo cars...are not worth it no matter what you think you're getting.

As far as getting the car from another dealer...tell them this. Drop the $300 transfer fee, the $100 fuel charge and maybe we can deal. Otherwise, I'll just go to that dealer and buy it from them.

I used to get "A Plan" through my wife's employer. We bought new Fords for just about invoice price. Dealers get "D plan"...which is invoice minus $100. If the sticker is 32k, they bought it for around 24k...they can spare a couple hundred to make a good deal.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Chucks95RT

As an example of "A Plan"...
My 2004 SVT Focus stickered for $22.5k...
"A Plan" price was $15k, $2.5k cash incentive and a new Del PC.

For $12.5k, I got the SVT Focus(sticker $22.5k) and a PC($900)
Old 07-31-2011, 01:46 PM
timothybh

I think I'll stick with the V6 Premium. I really want the safety features. The HID lamps have me excited, since I always get nervous driving at night in areas I don't know, especially with rain anywhere. Then the Camera and Sensing will help the reduced visibility of a Mustang.

Here are all plan pricing for this car:

Total Holdback: 917 (They say they don't get in a swap)
Invoice Total: 29476.13 (What I pay + $300 swap fee)
A & Z Plan: 28336.13
D Plan: 28436.13
X Plan: 29632.58

I was just told the car should be here tomorrow. Too late to threat to buy it at the other dealer really. They are timely about it, so that's nice.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:49 PM
timothybh

Oh, still haven't signed anything yet. Would be nice to hold off until tomorrow to see it in person. They haven't called me yet to come, and I work in about 2 hrs. Maybe an offer to make a small deposit if they threaten to drop the deal if I don't sign today for having to start the car moving process.

And the post about, the Invoice Total where I say what I pay, remember that doesn't include the 1500 rebate.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Joe in Dublin
2nd Gear Member

Did u look at mine in the adds, for about 3500 more u can have my loaded un abused gt... What safety options r u talking about

Quick Reply: An odd "NEW & USED" 2011 GT Premium, What's it worth?