Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO how many of you are NEVER selling your Mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default SO how many of you are NEVER selling your Mustangs?

Just curious. At the moment, I feel like I'm worried about doing things to mess up its resale value years from now. But, I really do think this will be my last Mustang I buy til I get old. (at least if I hit my 50's). So I might just hold onto this one for life. What about y'all.? I'm curious
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Keeping mine for my son...2008 with 9500miles...not sure if we will still have gas in 15 years...
Old 08-23-2011, 11:08 AM
akiba17
Not 100% a dick

Kept my 09 for two years.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:10 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Keeping mine
Old 08-23-2011, 11:11 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Odds are there will be plenty of 5.0's around in the future.
While the new 5.0 is a GREAT Mustang, I wouldn't worry that much about modding it dropping the value drastically as it pertains to being a classic or not.

I am one who believes the GT500 will be a collector's item and a classic in the future.
And yes I am keeping it stock due to that reason. But the Shelby falls into the
category of a "specialized" Mustang, and there are a lot few of these than the
regular GT's.

Yes the fastbacks of the past were not "specialty" Mustangs and many of them
are classics nowdays that can bring big money, but MUCH fewer of those
were made than the GT's of today.

Of course the BOTTOM LINE when we talk of a car becoming a collector/classic or not... we are all guessing in the wind! Only time will tell as far as that is concerned.

And remember, you can always keep the parts or sell the mods to buy stock parts and return it to stock lol.

And while big modding can make your customer base thinner as far as
selling it to an individual, you would be fine on trading it in.
Heck we got MORE from our 06GT having it's mods believe it or not with the trade in, and even though it was not supercharged or turbo'ed, it had A LOT of mods.

You were worried about the warranty earlier
I'd worry about the warranty long before worrying about resale value stuff.
And if you are planning on keeping it as long as you say...if you decide warranty is not worth worrying about, or mod it close to warranty expiration or after, I say if modding will bring you to enjoy the car more... DO IT.
Enjoy this car AS MUCH as you can!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Keeping mine for my son...2008 with 9500miles...not sure if we will still have gas in 15 years...
Beans are the ultimate source for gas.
Eat some and find the truth in this.

We will have beans forever more than likely.
Not only do those who do not believe we are in danger of using up our resources believe this, but now Scientists, and environmentalists
agree with this as well.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 08-23-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
Just curious. At the moment, I feel like I'm worried about doing things to mess up its resale value years from now. But, I really do think this will be my last Mustang I buy til I get old. (at least if I hit my 50's). So I might just hold onto this one for life. What about y'all.? I'm curious
I've never, ever worried about "resale value" or even bought a car with any particular plan to sell it after X years, Y miles, or in preparation for the newest "latest and greatest whatever".

Going into each car purchase, as long as I felt that the car was going to fun enough that I'd want to still keep it a year after the final payment was mailed out, that was good enough.

Been right so far. In fact, I still own more than 2/3 of the cars I've bought since 1971 when I could finally afford to buy new. Details in sig. The two that I no longer have weren't running when I did get rid of them. Even though the Mustang and the Subie are both paid for, there are no thoughts about selling either of them.

Turning 50 was so 1990's . . . hopefully you'll discover that 'old' is an attitude and an outlook that you have some control over, not just a number, AARP membership, and a rocking chair.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-23-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Not I. Sold it in May. Had it since 06 but was in the shop more than 1/2 the time. Very unlikely to get another. Much prefer 2 seaters.

As far as GT500 being collectables...just too many of them. About 5500 made in 2011 alone.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Ha. My car is prob worth less then when I bought it and I've put over 10k into it. That being said, I'll def hang on to the 06 GT for a good long while as I have it 99% of exactly where I want it. But down the road, I will prob sell it for something else but only one out currently that I would do so is for a Boss 302. But the value would have to come down quite a bit as I dont finance cars, I save up and buy out right.

The 2004 Mustang I have will prob last me I'd guesstimate 6 to 10 years now. I'll drive it until it dies but should be a good long while now as it only has 41k miles.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

I bought my 06 in 2008 with 30k miles, it currently has 89k and after having the transmission rebuilt and finally solving the famous leak above SJB myself, i think ill keep it till the wheels fall off, put on a new set, and keep on driving. I think im too attached though, this car has consumed me.

Quick Reply: SO how many of you are NEVER selling your Mustangs?