Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 mustang roush supercharger Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 01:56 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Dude just give Justin at VMP a call. He will send you a CORRECT tune for your mods and also datalogs with you to get the tune 100% right. I have an email tune from JDM and they are great too, but no datalogging which i really dont like. JDM has great customer service though and Jim Jr. answers any questions I throw at him
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 AM
esp3500
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I have an 06 with a m90 as well and it isnt a turd at all. 12.23 in bad air aint too shabby. Clean your TB, could be gummed up. I would do some datalogging and send it to a roush tuner like JDM, VMP or BBR. Your dyno run read 320 rwhp........thats freaking hidious! What was the a/f readings for that run? If your only getting that much hp it would feel like a turd. Mine is beast, will blow off the tires (285's) way before I hit WOT. I actually have never had mine at full throttle on the street.........its freaking scary mine spins so hard. At the track with ET streets no problem. Datalog and a good Roush tuner.
That's what I expected. but it feels just slightly above stock and with the surge or hesitation it feels worse then stock. My 95 blows the street tires away in second gear, this car barely chirps the tires in second gear.

I want to love this car because it looks so feaking cool ( the sn95's look like a girls car to me, and mine is a vert which is even worse)
so I want a car that looks like my 2006 but runs like my 95??
My disappointment is the fact that I now have far more invested in my 06 than my 95 and its very slow in comparison.

my dyno guy called me last night and said my intercooler was air locked so I had hot air going in the intake but the surge still is there. I didn't ask the hp numbers and he didn't tell me so I would guess they are still not that good. anyway it still looks bad.

he has reset the throttle body and he is searching the internet also for any ideasSo don't give up on my guys keep thowing ideas at me

Thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 AM
esp3500
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Sorry, there have been a bunch of people coming on lately and posting bs threads and when I first saw this I thought you were doing the same. Welcome to the forum, you have definantly come to the right place. The guys on here are full of info and let me just say I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

No problem. But as that was one of the first replies to my question I was afraid I had went to the wrong place. I also have some motorcycles and I find that some of your motorcycle forums are full of guys who are just looking to put you down.

I am glad to see that is NOT the case here
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Are you sure your getting boost? Something is way off. Did you download the install instructions from the Roush site? If not, you need to.

Are you sure you car has the stock pulleys on it? If you have underdrive pulleys that will fubar your boost. That did happen to another member with a saleen kit. Car was bought used and he didnt realize there were underdrive pulleys on it. He was frustrated for weeks until he figured it out.

Last edited by 808muscle; 08-27-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Do you know how to fix the airlock? I had this problem when I installed my blower and I made a video on how to fix it.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM
BigBlueBomb

I have an 06 Roush Stage 3 with the smaller pulley, it has a bunch of other mods, but nothing internal and delivers 420rwhp at 6500 rpm. I had a similar problem at one time and it turned out to be vacuum problem that was opening up the waste gate and dumping all my boost. It actually was a common problem on 06 models and Roush offered a very simple fix. Took about 10 min. to make the vacuum changes and the full boost was back.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:12 PM
esp3500
1st Gear Member

Yes I did check the boost with the guage out of my 95 mustang and the boost is fine. At one point I disconnected the waste gate and that didn't help the surge or the power, It just let me have the boost sooner.
the pulleys are stock, and it has the roush vacum fix which is standard now.

I wish this car was as tunable as my 95. My 95 has the tweecer program so I can datalog and make any changes I want to make myself.
I know the guys at the dynotune will do the best they can but of course as the owner of the car I would be willing to put more hours in dataloging and research than a turner will. because it is starting to appear that it is not a tune problem.

Keep the ideas coming guys, dont give up on me.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:55 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Maybe a problem with the actual supercharger. Just throwin out ideas here.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:08 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

^ I was going to say, maybe there was a reason this guy wanted to sell this unit. Just saying.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:20 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Did you have the surge before the SC install? Since it was a "turd" before the install I am thinking you have somethingelse going on. A surge brings me back to the TB as being a posiblity. You'd be amazed at how ****ty these cars run with a slightly dirty TB or MAF(which I would clean if you havnt already it only takes maybe 10-15 minutes and the cleaner cost about 4 bucks). My 06 w/out the SC was not a burner but it wasnt a "turd" either. Now with the SC it puts a smile on my face every time I start it.

Quick Reply: 2006 mustang roush supercharger Hesitation