Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Locked in Car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 10:35 PM
stormshadowlover

Default Key Locked in Car!

So I have a 2005 Mustang, and I went camping this weekend, with just my dog and me. The dog stepped on my seat warmer switch when he got out of the car last, and I failed to notice it. The keys are in the car. needless to say the battery died, and the car locked itself with the key inside it. Mind you, the only Key I got when I bought the car. so now my car is stranded in the woods, and I have no vehicle. My question is, how can I pick the lock to get into the car to open the hood to jump the car so I can claim my baby back? (The key is now stuck in the center counsle. Clothes hanger was not the greatest Idea.)

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Do you have AAA?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Call AAA if you have it, otherwise try calling any local roadside service for help if you know their number- if not you call always call the non-emergency police line and they will come out and open the car (be warned: their methods are a bit more "rough" and may leave scratches/etc. from what I've heard).
Old 09-05-2011, 10:50 PM
stormshadowlover

Do not have AAA. No cell service up there. Its ligitly the boonys of Wyoming
Old 09-05-2011, 11:01 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

How do you have internet access? Maybe only other option is to find another hiker with a sat phone? Do you have any means of external communication other than the internet? Maybe email a family member/friend about your situation with location, then they can inform a car service or the authorities to come help you.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stormshadowlover
Do not have AAA. No cell service up there. Its ligitly the boonys of Wyoming
Ouch, unless you have a close hanger that you can slide through the side of the window where the window is against the rubber next the quarter panel and catch the door handle, im afraid there is no other way.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
How do you have internet access? Maybe only other option is to find another hiker with a sat phone? Do you have any means of external communication other than the internet? Maybe email a family member/friend about your situation with location, then they can inform a car service or the authorities to come help you.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:13 PM
stormshadowlover

I got a ride back into town. However, car is still in the woods. with all my stuff locked inside of it. With wallet in car, no one is willing to go pop locks, as all payment would be done after work completed. See the dilimia? IT reminds me of the conoco commercial where the car runs away to the woods. ironically its all my car gets is conoco gas. weird side note. Anyhow. Yea. tried pulling the handle. no power means it wont work. Im frustrated real bad.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:25 PM
gburke1
3rd Gear Member

Well this may not be the nicest method... but you could always just break one of the windows. I think a replacement should be <$300 probably more like $100-200 but not sure.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:47 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stormshadowlover
I got a ride back into town. However, car is still in the woods. with all my stuff locked inside of it. With wallet in car, no one is willing to go pop locks, as all payment would be done after work completed. See the dilimia? IT reminds me of the conoco commercial where the car runs away to the woods. ironically its all my car gets is conoco gas. weird side note. Anyhow. Yea. tried pulling the handle. no power means it wont work. Im frustrated real bad.

- whats wrong w paying after work??
maybe they don't want to open a car w/o proof of ownership, would make sense to me.
- breaking window by yourself not enough, you need a jump anyways.
- since you're in town get a cop involved, in person or by phone,
- if you need to pay ahead call a friend, relative, pay w cc over phone.
- door handle not working w dead battery???
- pawn the dog.
strange story.

Quick Reply: Key Locked in Car!