Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girlfriend is finally stepping up into the mustang world (need pics of your s197s)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:12 AM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

Default Girlfriend is finally stepping up into the mustang world (need pics of your s197s)

She's finally upgrading to a mustang, it'll be a 05-07 v6, i push for the gt but shes scared of the power lol, id also rather see her pick up a 99/01 cobra, nice 99-04 gt, or 0304 mach 1 for her price range, but shes stuck on the s197s so i mean I'm just happy that its a mustang lol

for a low mileage 05-07 between my research and autotrader they look like they go for 10k-14k. about right?

she wants a low mileage so 30-50 maybe 60, she wont buy any higher than that, she expects to keep it for the next several years and she's already got her mind set on modding it which im a big fan of, obviously. lol

anything to look for in differences between the 05 06 07, also we found one that has a black leather interior with red accents, they look factory but uncommon, was that some sort of ex. pony package?

Anyone with pictures of their modded s197s or anyone's really doesnt have to be yours are more than welcome to post them here/i'd appreciate it.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:15 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't go with an 05, it seems to be more problematic.
I have an 06 personally, and have had no problems.

Although I believe the 07's get better gas mileage.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:22 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

05-06s had some minor differences. A few different part numbers, packages, and the dreaded water leak are mainly it. Try and get a low mileage 07. A pic of my car (although photoshopped) is in my sig. All I've done is throw on a stripe and a shorty antenna, exterior-wise.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
05-06s had some minor differences. A few different part numbers, packages, and the dreaded water leak are mainly it. Try and get a low mileage 07. A pic of my car (although photoshopped) is in my sig. All I've done is throw on a stripe and a shorty antenna, exterior-wise.
Don't cut him short.
You also have some nice exterior mods along the passenger side of your car.
Including Custom "striping", mirror delete, and some bumper/fender mods!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:34 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Mods in garage!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 AM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I wish I had a better picture of the rear, I'll have to get on that lol. I'd still push for a GT if she can afford it, she won't regret it and really aren't that much more.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:00 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
Don't cut him short.
You also have some nice exterior mods along the passenger side of your car.
Including Custom "striping", mirror delete, and some bumper/fender mods!
Bwahaha yeah! I was making my car more aerodynamic! I swear! Lol. Getting rid of those drag-inducing mirrors and the bulbous lines of the hips on the 1/4 panel really made the car much more efficient. I suggest everyone slam their car into trees every once in a while!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

So good looking, Eddie.
You shouldn't have any problems picking up a good 05-06 mustang for that price. These cars run great though so she shouldn't be too worried about 50-60k miles. Ill post some picks of my car when I get home.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:24 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

^That. These engines are extremely reliable if nothing else (the colognes been around for a long time).

Pretty much what everyone else said, 06-07 had a lot of small grievances fixed. And around 07 there were a few new packages released for options.

If she can find a v6 with the interior upgrades, or the pony package, both are really convenient and add to the overall fit and finish IMO.

The one thing I will outright encourage is getting rid of the stock pirellis if they are still on the car. If she drives that thing anywhere near snow, or heavy rain those tires can be a pain in the ***, especially with some heavy mileage on them.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:31 AM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

lucky you for having these questions.

in the end she gotta get what she likes but a gt would be the better option in my opinion, not much more $$ if any, in regular every day driving not "scary" more power and (here is your sales pitch) better safety features better brakes, stabilizers, fog lights etc.

i'd probably avoid 05 just for being the first year w some bugs that however may have been taken care of anyways, depends on the deal and available information about the vehicles history.

as far as colors, options try mustangattitude.com , besides tons of pictures they also have scans of all years orig sales and accessories brochures.

there are clearly no limits to any "modding" but again imo before spending any additional money for that rather upgrade to v8.

Quick Reply: Girlfriend is finally stepping up into the mustang world (need pics of your s197s)