Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst Ride of My Life!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:43 AM
red07gt
1st Gear Member

Default Worst Ride of My Life!

A buddy and I took the stang on a road trip to Blacksburg on Saturday to watch Va. Tech get crushed by Clemson. Had a great time tailgating, but froze my butt off during the game. We started driving home down a two-lane road and lo and behold, Pepe Le' Pew decides his life is no longer worth living and throws himself out in front of my car. I nailed the little bastard and the car immediately was filled with that terrible skunk stench. That was by far the worst ride of my life...you couldn't open the window, as this made the smell even worse. It is now Tuesday morning and the car still stinks...although it is not as bad. Anyone got any good suggestions for getting rid of the stench? Since the skunk spray is underneath the car, other than taking it to a car wash with an underside spray, I'm open to any good suggestions.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

That odor can get imbedded into the carpet.
I'd shampoo your carpet REALLY good as well.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I heard tomato juice will help get rid of the smell. Maybe you can spray some underneath the car, let it sit for a while and rinse it off.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:49 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by D'prived
I heard tomato juice will help get rid of the smell. Maybe you can spray some underneath the car, let it sit for a while and rinse it off.
wow, very nice...thought old skool knowledge was dead...I was thinking the same thing, maybe with a 5 gallon pump sprayer? Shouldn't be in the carpet (I hope) yet...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I would jack it up..get a bottle of Purple Power from walmart or home depot..get one of the gallon pressure sprayers. dilute the PP to something like 5:1 to start and just spray everything under the car with a good soaking..let it sit for 10min or so. make sure car is cool so nothing bakes. then rinse it off see if that removes the smell..then I would set off a one of these odor bombs
http://www.autogeek.net/odor-bomb-car-fogger.html
http://www.autogeek.net/auto-air-fresheners.html

Last edited by 05xrunner; 10-04-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I have heard of the tomato juice thing for getting the smell off people and some other things as well, but
haven't heard of it used on carpet as far as where on the Mustang it might go.

If you had light carpet, I'd be afraid the juice would might stain it and for some reason
or bad luck part of the stains staying on or discoloring the carpet.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-04-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Sorry mispost

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 10-04-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:08 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yep....tomato juice all the way. The smell that got into the car may have gotten into the carpet and seat too. You must be very diligent in getting the juice EVERYWHERE that the skunk may have gotten to. I have dealt with this before and ended up striping the interior out of one car to clean it and the insulation to get rid of the smell. After that, Carpet fresh throughout the car for several days. Sprinkle it on and let it set for a while vacuum it and re-apply a couple times.

Good luck.....yuk.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

set off the odor bomb i posted before trying something that will stain your interior like tomato juice.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

My first car was my grandpa's and he smoked in it for like 9 years. Needless to say it was pretty smelly. Anyway, I put an open bag of apples in the car and it soaked it up. If you can't get the smell out, you could try that. No clue why it worked, my mom just saw it somewhere, but it got the smoky smell out.

Quick Reply: Worst Ride of My Life!