Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

what do I need for 11sec 1/4 mile

Old 12-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #41
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD

Not sure about 11s, but I bet you could get very close with a twin screw or TVS @ 10 psi w/93 octane tune (dyno tuned, even better)

a high stall torque converter (3k), one piece drive shaft, lower control arms and either MT ET Streets bias ply racing tires on 17s.

Maybe 4.10s into that mix
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

13.3@102, stalled/tuned, 4685lbs.
stealth_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #42
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: Street car: viper srt10 coupe, 505 ci

What makes that sound? Is it all the cam?

Likely a combination of things to get that sound (although unintended). Car has Comp SPR 127650 cams. Would not recommend for a daily. That sound is not street legal, in fact car is no longer street-legal (surrendered license plate). Car is going through a total rebuild right now for low 9s.

Pic of motor in car at time of that video.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 12-06-2011 at 06:09 AM.
forensicsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #43
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 mustang gt
Kevin Lay kevilay

What makes it so bad on the street ?
kevilay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #44
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_GT View Post
Not sure about 11s, but I bet you could get very close with a twin screw or TVS @ 10 psi w/93 octane tune (dyno tuned, even better)

a high stall torque converter (3k), one piece drive shaft, lower control arms and either MT ET Streets bias ply racing tires on 17s.

Maybe 4.10s into that mix
I have everything included in his statement minus the driveshaft. My Saleen is the stage 3 with 410 and torque convertor. I should be in the 11s hopefully I'll find out this spring. Im currently in the process of upgrading my brakes. I should have everything after Xmas.

To the op I would look at whatever shop ur gonna deal with and what they specialize in as far as which kit to go with. U can literally read all the pros and cons for every kit and drive urself nuts
outceltj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #45
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Oh and when u do go to the track turn off the TCS and remember to never shift into OD even if ur driven hard on the street
Old 12-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #46
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: Street car: viper srt10 coupe, 505 ci

What makes it so bad on the street ?

Just a lumpy rough idle, not particularly user-friendly for stop n go traffic and such. Those 11s that you mention...that's a dragstrip time only. Back on regular paved highways with street tires.....forget that. There are some that drive on DRs etc.....but stickier the tire, the worse it will be at evacuating water.
forensicsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #47
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Ford Ranger Roush Replica

an older article and not going for 11's, but it has good info to get 12's with just bolt ons.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...rts/index.html
AK_Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #48
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT

Wow. Location fail on my part, my bad fellas. I'm just conditioned to sympathize with anyone who owns a mustang in California.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #49
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Kevin Lay kevilay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdftw View Post
Wow. Location fail on my part, my bad fellas. I'm just conditioned to sympathize with anyone who owns a mustang in California.
Ontario, canada lol. I need to change that
Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #50
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Kevin Lay kevilay

What rims and tires are these? They look sweet. Are these tires bad to use on the street? Do they wear fast? How bad are they in the rain?(unusable or be careful)
Old 12-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #51
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevilay View Post

What rims and tires are these? They look sweet. Are these tires bad to use on the street? Do they wear fast? How bad are they in the rain?(unusable or be careful)
Only use those for the strip. U get FI do not use street tires on the track
Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #52
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Kevin Lay kevilay

Quote:
Originally Posted by outceltj View Post
Only use those for the strip. U get FI do not use street tires on the track
i ment more so can i use track tires on the street. Just to save from buying another set of rims.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #53
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

I believe those are racestar wheels with prolly Mickey Thompson tires and they are not street tires. They would wear out fast. You can get some DR ie drag radials that can handle street driving but they dont last very long on the street. I swap tires at the track every time I race. Many times I race friday and saturday night in a row. Swapping tires is a part of racing IMO. I would never run my car without the proper tires. I had little traction before I went FI.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Trutrac, Detroit Rockers, Moroso, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, BMR, J&M, SS Lines/ EBC Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2014 Pro Street 12.90 Class...Season Points Runner Up
12.23@114
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #54
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 ford mustang gt

stay away from nitto nt05r. i spin alot with them no matter how i heat them. i once ran a 12.004 with 122.85 mph.
07 GT, Whipple H.O., 3.375 pulley, kooks LT w/3" off road h pipe, '08 bullit axlebacks, frpp 3.73, shaftmasters 4" aluminum driveshaft, hurst billet, UMI Performance LCA & UCA, nitto 555 on foose nitrous v chrome wheels, cdc classic chin spoiler, side window louvers, 11.963et @119.52mph
07vbluestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #55
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Charger RT AWD

wow. those times are horrible!

13.3@102, stalled/tuned, 4685lbs.
stealth_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #56
ovrpar6
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleconner View Post
11's aren't hard to pull from 2005-2010 GT's. Basically.. You need to look at your overall goal. You don't want to be buying stuff now that you will be replacing later. For example; don't buy an mid pipe (X/H-Pipe); if you plan on changing to Long tubes later on.

-I would start with 4.10 gears since your wanting to drag race, the 4.10's provide the best gearing for finishing the 1/4 @ a good RPM.

-Heads/Cams are an expensive altercation and really don't provide numbers to support the fiscal investment. Heads/Cams would cost you 2,500.00 easy and you would be lucky to get over 375 wrhp. (This is a good gain over stock; however, not enough to get in the 11's)

-Superchargers: Superchargers are expensive, but doesn't require too extensive of an installation. You will however need a tune for any aftermarket power adder, so take that in to consideration. A good Dyno tune starts around $400 and can cost much more.

-Turbos: Turbos are relatively cheap to build and have less limits than a supercharger. You will have a little more in installation and many parts will be necessary to complete the job. The On3 Performance turbo kit would easily put you in the 11's with proper tuning and the complete part list would only cost you about 2,300.00 bucks. Unlike superchargers that will require upgrades in order to run higher boost; a good turbo will support much more boost than your stock 3V can handle safely. Which I would assume would be about 8-10lbs (450-500hp).
Agg=reed

Ford Racing Axel back mufflers by Borla
K&N 57-2565 - CAI
3.73 gears
SCT Tuner
HURST Sort Throw Shifter
Roush Hood Scoop
Sequential Tail Lights
State legal 35% tint on windows
ovrpar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #57
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Recipe for 11s with an Auto S197

Any twin screw blower around 10psi
LCA and relocate brackets
4.10s
Custom tune
Decent Drag radial

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #58
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrpar6 View Post
Agg=reed
Im not a fan of turbos for our cars. A PITA to keep tuned and tinker with all of the time. No thanks.

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #59
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
Im not a fan of turbos for our cars. A PITA to keep tuned and tinker with all of the time. No thanks.
Everyone has their own opinions. I don't know what tinkering and tuning you are talking about with a turbo. If it is tuned correctly you don't have to change the tune for any reason and as far as tinkering I haven't had to touch mine all year. I would much rather have a turbo and be able to change the boost with my EBoost2 and not swapping pulleys. I also don't have to worry about throwing a belt all the time. Every form of FI has it's good points and bad points, it's a matter of choice.

Earl
Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #60
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, s/c GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by retfr8flyr View Post
Everyone has their own opinions. I don't know what tinkering and tuning you are talking about with a turbo. If it is tuned correctly you don't have to change the tune for any reason and as far as tinkering I haven't had to touch mine all year. I would much rather have a turbo and be able to change the boost with my EBoost2 and not swapping pulleys. I also don't have to worry about throwing a belt all the time. Every form of FI has it's good points and bad points, it's a matter of choice.

Earl
Definitely
I would imagine if you want maximum potential and typically go to the race track, you want some big turbos for that top end power.
If you want some extra power around the street, supercharge it. I love my s/c around town because I reach full boost 3500-4000 rpm which is great. At 3k it really kicks in, below that it feels N/A. How often am I near redline where i'd reach full boost with turbo? Not often

Turbo = more duct work/harder install, more heat, more power potential overall and at high RPM
Supercharger = Less ductwork/easier install, less heat (especially centrifugal like mine), more power at low/mid RPM but less overall potential

Oh and turbos with a nice BOV sound, nothing beats it

Paxton NOVI 2200SL @ 5psi on stock motor, 3" magnapack catback, Hurst short throw shifter, Kaenen cowl hood, 18" Saleen replica wheels, 255/285 Yokohama Advan S, 8 in. shorty antenna, blacked out rear lights/decklid, BOSS style fog-deletes
Jas5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:35 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
11, 14, 2005, 2012, 40, cars, gt, inspection, mile, modded, mustang, pipe, powered, run, sec, vbulletin