Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miles Apart - 2006 GT 199,000 miles 03 Lightning 11,500

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by F0RD4LifE
Wow, that's a lot of stop and go. Your clutch is really good then.

wasvette post some lightning pics up when you get a chance!
Here you go FORD4Life - this is the Lightning. '03 with 9957 on the odo when I picked it up. I didn't purchase on ebay because I wanted to negotiate the price down. And...I'll never tell what I paid :~), just that it was less than their ebay price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
KonaS197

That's amazing! I can only hope to get that much out of mine
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM
theway146
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wasvette
Here you go FORD4Life - this is the Lightning. '03 with 9957 on the odo when I picked it up. I didn't purchase on ebay because I wanted to negotiate the price down. And...I'll never tell what I paid :~), just that it was less than their ebay price!

Lightnings are cool but why didn't you get "more" truck, something maybe with more hp and doors like a RAM SRT10 Quad cab? :-)
Old 01-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

I'll guess you paid about $18k :P They want every bit its worth! $28k!?

Those are some sweet trucks, I hardly ever see them anymore, I kind of wish Ford went with another street performance truck rather than the off road Raptor. Sidepipes, short squatty look, and supercharged (but those taillights gotta go!)
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Looks good! I always assumed they only came with manual, that's something new to me, must be convenient.

Originally Posted by theway146
Lightnings are cool but why didn't you get "more" truck, something maybe with more hp and doors like a RAM SRT10 Quad cab? :-)
Whats that? That word is not in this forum's member's vocabulary hehe. We all are just going to assume you meant Raptor SVT Super Crew ;].
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Looks good! I always assumed they only came with manual, that's something new to me, must be convenient.

Whats that? That word is not in this forum's member's vocabulary hehe. We all are just going to assume you meant Raptor SVT Super Crew ;].
Now you're talking! Haha. I love the new raptors out there. At least in my dreams, I'm hoping that when the to-be wife's car ends up decrepit, she'll let me replace it with a lightly used SVT Raptor
Old 01-09-2012, 12:13 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Now you're talking! Haha. I love the new raptors out there. At least in my dreams, I'm hoping that when the to-be wife's car ends up decrepit, she'll let me replace it with a lightly used SVT Raptor
Lol have you ran that thought by her yet? I love the new raptors, I actually haven't even seen one on the road yet.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:12 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Lol have you ran that thought by her yet? I love the new raptors, I actually haven't even seen one on the road yet.
Well she does love pickups, but we have a conflict when it comes to what form of pickup. She loves the big diesel pickups, but neither of us have any need even remotely close to needing the 500+ ft lbs of torque they put out, and I don't see any need to pay diesel prices for fuel if we aren't going to use it haha.

Course not that raptors get great gas mileage, but at least each gallon is cheaper than in a big diesel. Plus I mean how can anybody say no to over a foot of suspension travel on the raptor I'd start a hobby in off roading only as a result of owning a raptor haha. I saw one of a few just today actually, probably have only seen 3-4 though on the road, today was the first crew version I've seen around.

Gotta love fast cars and big trucks, that's how I feel!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Awesome!!! Ford has come along way........

I read an article last month regarding cars that are driven past the 200,000 mile mark and the Ford Mustang was on the list. =-)

Last edited by kevinmalec; 01-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

181,000 here, love seeing others pushing 200K, very nice...
Biggest repair so far was pinion bearing and seals on the stock rear.
Nothing touched on engine, transmission, clutch except an accessory belt and regular maintenance.
Just replaced rear brake pads @ ~170K, fronts are still original and won't die.

Quick Reply: Miles Apart - 2006 GT 199,000 miles 03 Lightning 11,500