Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche dash kit and double din installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
That's the head unit I'm gonna be getting too! Glad you like it If you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay for it? PS I like the song you were listening too! I love that song lol
Paid $900 for the unit on Amazon with free shipping. I love my country music, my friends make funny of me for being a Spanish country loving dude, what can I saw, Yeeehaw!

@Bones-I figured out the heated seat issue (non-issue), when I was playing with it early today, it was so bright outside that I didn't see the green box on the seat turn on icon You didn't answer my first Q bro , Did you do anything special to have Mustang GT on the top?

Last edited by Wil; 01-29-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wil
Paid $900 for the unit on Amazon with free shipping. I love my country music, my friends make funny of me for being a Spanish country loving dude, what can I saw, Yeeehaw!
Wow that's it?! Damn Thanks for telling me that!!
And yeah my friends make fun of me for it too, they're all into that Dub step crap.. Sometimes I hate LA lol (well most of the time)
Old 01-30-2012, 03:10 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

I have to show the wife the pics to see if I can convince her to upgrade the inside of the Stang. Overall, your set up is awesome and from reading your post, seems like the system is pretty fresh.

See you're from Northern Virginia. My mother just moved to Crystal City not too long ago. Any Mustang Clubs around that way???
Old 02-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys, I wanted to give you an update. After sometime with the unit, I found my battery kept dying here and there. My installer told me it may be due to a faulty interface hardness, I called Scoche to see if I can order another one and return the old one. They said I would not need to do that because the problem came from the touch screen sucking juice while the car was turned off. They told me they have fixed the issue with a firmware update. I'm kind annoyed they would not contact customers that have bought the unit to update the firmware that they know is faulty. Now, my car's battery is shot from having it die over and over but I'm hoping I can charge it back up.

For any future buyers, MAKE SURE you update the firmware, I will be having the installer update mine this Friday. I wish I knew how to take the dash kit out myself to do it today but I have no tools other then the basics.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Glad you got to the problem solution, good luck with the firmware update!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Phillystyle

I just had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Unfortunately my dash kit is now dead. Here's my thread on the situation over at moddedmustangs:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...it-owners.html

And it's very simple to remove the dash kit. Just remove the center console by pulling it up, then remove to 8mm screws in the bottom of the center dash and pull it out.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Wow, so you pay so much money for the Scosche kit just to encounter problems like that?! I'm glad I went with the Metra kit.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

I sent my panel to Scosche last week so they could swap it out with another that has the firmware update because I wasn't able to successfully do the firmware upgrade myself.

I know they must be overwhelmed right now with warranty repairs, but at least they're doing the right thing.

I wonder if Taurus and Camaro owners are having the same issue with their kits....

Last edited by bones302; 02-16-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bones302
I sent my panel to Scosche last week so they could swap it out with another that has the firmware update because I wasn't able to successfully do the firmware upgrade myself.

I know they must be overwhelmed right now with warranty repairs, but at least they're doing the right thing.

I wonder if Taurus and Camaro owners are having the same issue with their kits....
WHAT?!?! So you couldn't update the firmware?!? Have you received your new panel yet? I was going to have the audio guy update the firmware but if all I have to do is pull the center out and unscrew two bolts, I can do that.

Any tips on removing the center? Do I need to take the shifter **** off?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

hopefully when your audio guy installed the dash kit, he also plugged in the cord that has the USB port on it. you will need that to do the upgrade.

on Scosche's product page, you can download the firmware and the PDF that shows you how to do the firmware upgrade (you will see it if you click on the "downloads" link).

Don't bother removing your shifter ****. you can just pull up on the center console by opening the storage door and start pulling up on the back part of the center console. then you can move it out of the way enough to access the two lower screws.

Quick Reply: Scosche dash kit and double din installed