Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scosche dash kit and double din installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by McDirty
Looks good. Was sync retained? I like that scosche and metra make it easy to replace the factory setup. I think both kits look good.

Factory nav is way overpriced and factory audio almost never sounds as good as or gives as many options as aftermarket audio. I feel bad for people that won't change their head units because "it doesn't look factory".
The only thing that sucks with this is that there are no heated seats controls. I have heated seats in mine and actually use them. Also, is sync retained? I rather do like sync.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:25 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Nice set up OP. In time, I would love to do something similar to mines.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:15 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Man that looks awesome! Very clean!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Scott2
2nd Gear Member

Install looks fantastic! How do you like the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
The only thing that sucks with this is that there are no heated seats controls. I have heated seats in mine and actually use them. Also, is sync retained? I rather do like sync.
@Tightdogal- Just figured out how to put heated seat control on the touch screen BUT it doesn't turn them on when you hit the button. I'm not sure if it's an installer error or unit error.

After playing around with the sound system, I found out the install wired the speakers so the bass goes to the rear speakers instead of the stock subs. Going to have to deal with it until I get the new speakers in and tell the guy to leave the settings to me, just hook up the damn thing as is. I know he was trying to help but he's making it worst.

Also, the unit doesn't sit that low, I do wish though Scosche would have reversed the order on the climate control and DD unit location but I still love how it looks.

@ McDirty- As of now no, sync is not retained but I'm not use if it will be available once I get the steering wheel control harness.

@Philly- Sorry dude, I forgot the part numbers but if you all them, they will lead you the right direction.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
Install looks fantastic! How do you like the Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT?
I love the unit, a little hard to figure out but I'm sure with a little more time with it, it will be easier. I actually went back to my iphone4 from my andriod because it used the iphone for so many great features. I was waiting on my wife in the car and was able to watch Netflix on the screen. I think the installer "hooked" me up because even when I started driving the movie was playing.

I also got a rear view camera installed and works great with it, unfortunately though, the unit doesn't have a green, yellow, red lines on the screen when the camera gets activate when I reverse to help you with you bearings.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I went to the Sosche sight and the only one for our cars is this one.
Just like others above me, I prefer the double din screen to be higher up.

http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/veh...&model=MUSTANG

I tried to find the Metra one but all I found was info on Chicago's train schedule (they call their public rail Metra, LOL).

Can someone post a link to the Metra mounting kit?
Their website is metraonline.com
Old 01-29-2012, 02:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Looks great dude but the installer wired it up wrong. WTF man...... thats why I prefer to do everything myself. And yes get an alarm. Lots of fricken loser thieves out there.

Install is very clean, I like the look of the 2010 setup.....very nice.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

the installer might not have hooked up the second wire on the scosche kit. one wire goes to the harness, the other wire just was a usb connector that doesn't go anywhere (its for firmware updates). however i foundyou still need to plug that wire into the kit because you won't be able to control all the hvac functions without it being connected
Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

That's the head unit I'm gonna be getting too! Glad you like it If you don't mind me asking, what'd you pay for it? PS I like the song you were listening too! I love that song lol

Quick Reply: Scosche dash kit and double din installed