Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper hit.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Default Front bumper hit.

Add me to the list of those who have had someone hit their Stang. I was parked in the assigned parking stall at my apartment house. The a**hole who parks across from me apparently thought his space wasn't big enough, so he drove forward until he hit my bumper. My bumper was pushed down a bit on both sides where it meets the fenders. He didn't leave a note, but he was easy to identify, since he has an apartment in the building. Building security took a report and a fair number of photos. He wasn't in his apartment at the time security tried to contact him.

Since he hadn't left a note, I called the police. To my amazement, two officers actually came out. I hadn't moved my car until they were there. I backed it up and they saw there were scratches and that the bumper was dented. Removing the pressure of the other car's bumper on mine seems to have gotten the bumper meeting the fenders properly. Unfortunately, the police wouldn't write a report on the incident, since no one was injured. I don't know whether they would have even come out except for the guy not leaving a note. He was in his apartment by the time the police tried to contact him. They got his driver's license information and the name of his insurance company, but not the policy number. He was too tired to come downstairs to get the policy number from his vehicle. WTF! He is supposed to give the apartment management office the policy number and I can get it from them.

So now I get to see how good my insurance company is (Kemper). An adjuster is supposed to telephone me within a couple of days. No, I'm not going to try to get a non-standard bumper out of the deal. I'd only scratch it or knock it off on the curbs we have around here.

Not the end of the world, but what a pain.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That sucks man...why would you not try for a GT/CS front minimally? Looks better than stock yet is practically stock! Just some food for thought.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

so he pulled up enough to mess up your bumper, then just left the car there and went to take a nap?
shouldnt they have been able to demand him to go get his insurance card?
Old 02-12-2012, 03:50 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06
so he pulled up enough to mess up your bumper, then just left the car there and went to take a nap?
shouldnt they have been able to demand him to go get his insurance card?
I don't know when he hit my car. I checked on my car about 5 PM on Friday, and found the collision results a little after 6 PM on Saturday. I didn't go near the car between those times.

IMO the police should have made him get his insurance card, but they do what they want to do. They went to his door about 10:45 PM on Saturday, so maybe they cut him some slack because of the hour. In general though, if somebody hits your car, you're the one who gets stuck. Did someone say life is fair?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Sully06GT
1st Gear Member

So instead of leaving a note on your car...he left his car on your car.

Sounds like a real winner of a neighbor
Old 02-12-2012, 08:18 AM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

the cops wouldn't write a report because there was no injuries.. thats new to me, I work security for a condo and we have hit cars all the time with no injuries, I call cops up here all the time to write a report, for the insurance companies (so they dont have to rely on mine).
Old 02-12-2012, 08:38 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

If his insurance doesnt pay up, then instead of u paying deductible on yours, buy a beater pickup and ram into his POS front end and see how he likes it.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
If his insurance doesnt pay up, then instead of u paying deductible on yours, buy a beater pickup and ram into his POS front end and see how he likes it.
Or a rental car!

What I would suggest is getting a GT/CS front end. 270 dollar vs 220 dollars for the stock GT, and it really changes the look of the car. Plus it still has an OEM look to it which is awesome. Plus it barely sits lower then the stock GT bumper so it won't get scratched (unless the stock GT would have gotten scratched too).
Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
LMAO....this is a great idea.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Or a rental car!
Lol I actually know people who have done this...

That is probably a bad thing...

Then again, when the guy's insurance wouldn't pay for a new front bumper and hood on the Corvette, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Haha!

Quick Reply: Front bumper hit.