Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving With Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 AM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Always on here too. They are there to use and I love the look. Esp since I added the blue bulbs to both fogs and headlights.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

I drive at night/early morning in town with just my fogs. Since I installed the RetroSolutions HID fog light kit, they project plenty of light for driving. I do this mainly to extend the life of my factory HIDs by only using them occasionally (the RetroSoultions kit has a lifetime warranty!).

I haven't had any trouble from the police so far... and I've been driving like this for 3 years now!

Last edited by jdmcbride; 02-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ademantia
I've noticed that when I do, I tend to get a lot more people flashing their high-beams at me, so I've stopped unless it's particularly dark out.
Same here, but I've gotten back to driving with the fogs on. Now if people flash at me, I hit them with the highbeams
Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Whats fun is to get rice into a race thinking you're a 6, letting them get ahead a bit, flipping the lights on and smoking them

But yeah, I leave them on. Looks better and gives slightly better vis.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Sully06GT
1st Gear Member

Fogs on when lights are on. They really do brighten things up in front of you besides looking badazzz.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 AM
McDirty
1st Gear Member

I drive with them on too. Definitely better visability except for in actual fog, they are too high. The look is very unique, instantly recognizable in the rearview mirror or coming head on. I did get pulled over once by a local cop. He told me they weren't street legal and I was scaring other drivers.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wil
I usually turn my fog lights on too, IMO it sets the car apart from the rest, especially having four =) I know, over kill but the CS/GT lights are more for looks that function.
Hey, what wheels are those? They look good. I'm trying to decide on some new wheels for my CS. Also, where in Arlington are you? I'm in that area too.
I too always have my fogs on and did with my 07 GT as well. I've always understood the fogs to actually be driving lights on these cars but I could be wrong.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:31 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Guess I am in the minority on this one. I put covers on mine and never turn them on. Personally I like the way it looks all blacked out in the front and only the headlights on (my pony is black too).
Old 02-15-2012, 10:39 AM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

always on, never had an issue with people flashing me though.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

whatever one's preference is, facts are:

- in some states there may be a law against using fogs w/o say, fog.

- they are called fog lights, not vanity lights, driving lights, bling or else.

- properly installed, adjusted they should point rather downwards to illuminate the area in front of the vehicle, therefore they should not really bother oncoming traffic. maybe some people just assume that you have your high beams on by noticing more than 2 lights.

- much more annoying are these "upgraded" headlights that are blue etc that really bother oncoming traffic, also some of the led brake lights especially in newer cars that blind you if sitting behind them at a light at night.

Quick Reply: Driving With Fog Lights