Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing my racing stripes - know where to buy them?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM
bm2088hp
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I've ordered stripe kits from http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/ in the past and have been happy with them. 3M stripes are highly recommended. Buy a cheap hair dryer too as that will help immensely when removing the old stripes. Plan on doing it over a weekend to get the old ones removed as they are going to adhere like crazy. Last thing is get some goo gone (i've heard WD40 but I dont like the smell and you'd have to use a lot) for when adhesive sticks to the paint.

Your car looks great btw.
Thanks! Ill definitely buy M3 stripes and check out the site. I was going to use Goo Gone but I guess Ill go with WD40.

Originally Posted by Wil
I wouldn't use Goo Gone either, it might mess up your clear coat. They actually sell adhesive remover at your local auto shop.

OP-What kind of stripes on you going to get? Same color and style?
Yes, I want to use the same color, silver, and the same type of stripe set up. The 2 wide stripes are 10" each with a 2" gap, and the pin stripes are 1/4" with a 1/4" gap. Im also considering using 1/2" pin stripes instead of the 1/4".

Originally Posted by MustangCHN
http://www.graphic-express.com/ very high quality and its bit expensive.
Awesome, will check them out too
Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

for removal i highly recommend the below. After heating the stripes with a hair dryer pulled little by little the stripes away. Spray this adhesive remover and comes right off like butter. They also have a nice applier as well that lets you float the decal in place.

http://www.rapidtac.com/rapid-remover.html
Old 03-20-2012, 02:15 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawrencecar1
for removal i highly recommend the below. After heating the stripes with a hair dryer pulled little by little the stripes away. Spray this adhesive remover and comes right off like butter. They also have a nice applier as well that lets you float the decal in place.

http://www.rapidtac.com/rapid-remover.html
This looks really good. Have you tried it before? I wished I would have known about this when I changed stripes a few years back.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Hinojosa
2nd Gear Member

i bought mine from autographicspro, and ebay seller, the guy is really kind and professional, definitely recommend him
Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Ive heard for removin vinyl stripes that 3m wheel for power drills is the best
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FsuGoNoles63
Just posting to say that I love your car man. It looks great without the spoiler
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Yeah I prefer the no spoiler a lot more, none of them look right in my opinion.

OP: Just make sure that you use the same size pin stripe at least because depending on how long the stripes have been there, there could be a slight difference in color in the paint due to sun exposure.

Baltimore has some great stripe options though when making a custom set of stripes. I would at least play around with the site because their site gives options for striping the bumper all the way down (both front and rear), hood scoops and all different spoilers.

A lot of sites are vague on what exactly the stripes will cover so it always made me skeptical that I was even getting what I wanted. Just some food for thought.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
This looks really good. Have you tried it before? I wished I would have known about this when I changed stripes a few years back.
yes i did use it. just replaced my hood stripes last week...