Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy crap...I WANT a 2013 now.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Considering the 2.5 puts out more power (320ish HP) than the current 3.7L (306ish HP) even if the weight isn't reduced it should still be a pretty stout little motor.

Not to mention it should lend itself to the aftermarket pretty well with just a tune and increased boost to increase performance. That's assuming it will have forged internals from the factory to handle the extra boost and the turbo isn't maxed out in size for the application (not too small).
Old 03-26-2012, 03:19 PM
ShMcK
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
Oh my... What an ugly car....

Ford, what have you done?

Reminds me of this:

I will now associate this car with this picture in my head. Congrats you have officially ruined the 2013 mustangs for me hahaha.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The projecting pony is a "neat" little feature.
NOTHING to drool over or even CONSIDER a trade for.

I agree that this will probably be something that either vendors will offer in a mod later or you will end up being able to buy from Ford direct.
Or again.. have one fabricated.

Needless to say I LOVE our GT500 and would never trade it.
I still like the body of the 07-09 a WHOLE lot better than the new ones and these babies are so easy to mod to get them at or above the numbers of the new GT500.
It's great to have a beast that can be upgraded so much! without changing the guts!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:02 PM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

The projecting pony is a joke! However, I want the accelerometer and other telemetry!

Last edited by SchneidyP4.6; 03-26-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
The projecting pony is a "neat" little feature.
NOTHING to drool over or even CONSIDER a trade for.

I agree that this will probably be something that either vendors will offer in a mod later or you will end up being able to buy from Ford direct.
Or again.. have one fabricated.

Needless to say I LOVE our GT500 and would never trade it.
I still like the body of the 07-09 a WHOLE lot better than the new ones and these babies are so easy to mod to get them at or above the numbers of the new GT500.
It's great to have a beast that can be upgraded so much! without changing the guts!
I am probabely one of the few (maybe 1%) 500 owners that has done absolutely NOTHING to the motor as I find that 404-425hp rwhp is plenty in the city. I like you still favour the look of the 07-09 GT500's and with the few miles I have driven it since new (2350) I do not forsee ever getting rid of it or buying a new one. As a matter of fact at my age this will be the last toy I buy which is a nice feeling. I am tired of buying the newest, latest greatest toy only to sell it 3 years later and eating all the depreciation. Cheers from another black 500 owner
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
I am probabely one of the few (maybe 1%) 500 owners that has done absolutely NOTHING to the motor as I find that 404-425hp rwhp is plenty in the city. I like you still favour the look of the 07-09 GT500's and with the few miles I have driven it since new (2350) I do not forsee ever getting rid of it or buying a new one. As a matter of fact at my age this will be the last toy I buy which is a nice feeling. I am tired of buying the newest, latest greatest toy only to sell it 3 years later and eating all the depreciation. Cheers from another black 500 owner
I agree with you in all aspects and like you I have not done anything to mine.
But I do love the fact that if I ever WANT to then these babies give us an easy road to do so.

This baby will be me for the long haul as well.
I will not get rid of it for a new one OR a different vehicle.
I found the car I want to keep and maybe someday have as a classic like the older gen owners that saved their babies were able to do with proud honor.

I always wanted a classic Mach, BOSS, or Shelby.
But the high dollar cost of the good condition BOSS or Shelby was out of the question and the work to restore one was as well not in the cards for me due to a GOOD number of reasons.

When this car came out it answered my "possible" dream.
At the time they first came out they were well out of my range and I thought they would stay that way, OR I would not be able to find one that was not romped on.

Low and behold dreams do come true.
Found one with 3.5k mi. on it, TOTALLY babied. Garage kept and only driven a few weekends out of the three years the owner had it, as well as so stock that even the windows weren't even tinted on it. That and a person who was HAVING to get rid of it and got an unbelievable deal.

LOVE this vehicle.
This car will be my classic. Whether or not it ends up being a collector's item I have no idea. It would be a nice bonus but not what matters the most to me. The most amazing car I have ever owned, and it will still be a classic even if it is not a big collector's item and I have my dream car and a piece of the Shelby legend.

Cheers as always to you as well my friend!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

All I ask is don't be naysayers about the pony projector. Be a neigh-sayer. Please dont beat me with a rubber hose for saying that.

I'm not trading my beast in for a 2013 because of a light, but I'm already scheming on how to get my hands on the light to fit to mine
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That's really, really gay. Maybe I'm to old to understand.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM
cjm1261

Wink

Awesome pointless option!not worth trading up for. But to have the coyote is definitely worth trading. I'll be looking for mods to do the mirrors and taillights for my '12
Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 AM
fordplay
1st Gear Member

Yeah ok sorry I didnt see that.... Yeah I know its silly but I want the headlights and the mirrors. Too.... And yes the fogs are hid. They better be!! But you know other than that I dont like the new look.. Ok ok I like the taillights but not enough to look at that front end every day... Looks like for 2013 if yoy want a mustang you have two options.. A Shelby gt500 or a used 2011 or 12

Quick Reply: Holy crap...I WANT a 2013 now.