Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CDC Agressive Chin Spoiler and Lowering ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Default CDC Agressive Chin Spoiler and Lowering ?'s

I getting a Gt front put on my car and I really like the chin spoiler above but I have heard horror stories. I going to be lowering it about a 1 max in the front, probably not even very soon so would I have just fits with this if I got it. Also. I know it requires some bumper modifications what does that consist over. I just got the GT bumper and I dont wanna totally rape it. I will have it professionally done when get the bumper painted so me messing it up isnt a problem, I just dont want the bumper totally trashed
Old 04-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

It all depends on how low you go. I consider myself low enough but I clear almost all curbs and parking blocks. As you can see... high enough I don't have to worry but low enough to look good.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Yea, but that's the CDC classic, not the CDC aggressive. BwfVA, I can't imagine you'd be scraping unless you're dealing with huge curbs with only an inch of a drop. I imagine the only rides that scrape with a CDC aggressive are those that are dropped 1.5" to 2"...
Old 04-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Yea, but that's the CDC classic, not the CDC aggressive. BwfVA, I can't imagine you'd be scraping unless you're dealing with huge curbs with only an inch of a drop. I imagine the only rides that scrape with a CDC aggressive are those that are dropped 1.5" to 2"...
I know it is, but they aren't much different in height. Like said either he'll have to be really low or have a high curb like you said to hit anything or for that matter be concerned.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 AM
redfire05gt
2nd Gear Member

My car is dropped "2 all around. Yes it is a horror...It's been painted 3 times so far, it's only been 4 months since I have had the springs, but I wouldn't see why an inch would be a problem. But you said you didn't want your bumper thrashed...well that's not an option with the aggressive.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 AM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

if you go that low, you will get front lip curb rash, or rip that cdc off unless yer careful (There are just some places, you really, won't want to go any more!) . I had a sportline eibach drop on my last car w/ no front chin spoiler (it was so low) and my front bumper lip while looking good externally, was a scraped gray and black mess on the bottom. (about a 1.8" drop in front)

but hey it's just polyurethane, it can be replaced. better that then the paint?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:30 AM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

u definitely gotta do some planning lol but i have sportlines

Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Driving a lowered car with a semi-aggressive front lip is something you get used to. You park differently, handle turns and road height changes differently.

I have the CDC and a 1.5in drop, and don't scrape. But, I've been driving lowered cars for about 12 years now.

This thing would scrape a soda can that was squished flat.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:35 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I guess I got some decisions to make. I gonna pass for now though I believe. I love the look but I dont wanna trash the new bumper as soon as I get it. I guess I will get the springs first then see how low it really looks
Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

I had the the CDC agressive chin with k-spring and the Eibach ProKit. I used some support bars to help with scraping and had some decent results. If your worried about scraping or being to low then just go with the classic chin. Another option is the GT500 chin.

Quick Reply: CDC Agressive Chin Spoiler and Lowering ?'s