Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I tuned???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:39 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Congrats! Nice looking Mustang and great find!
Is Colorado an emissions friendly state?
With my custom tunes, I had to request emissions friendly, otherwise I would not pass my emissions test here in GA. Just curious....
Old 05-05-2012, 03:09 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Congrats! Nice looking Mustang and great find!
Is Colorado an emissions friendly state?
With my custom tunes, I had to request emissions friendly, otherwise I would not pass my emissions test here in GA. Just curious....
Thanks Kevin. I'm not really sure what emissions are like here in CO. I hear that they are bad in the major cities. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I've never had to be tested. Long ways to a grocery store though.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:47 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CPTCO
Thanks Kevin. I'm not really sure what emissions are like here in CO. I hear that they are bad in the major cities. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I've never had to be tested. Long ways to a grocery store though.
If your state does not require an emissions test, you should be good to go!
Enjoy your new Stang!!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:09 PM
tkdstang

Originally Posted by loaded6shooter
thats the steeda intake if im not mistaken and it does reguire a tune
Yeah that's a Steeda cai, you bought car and guy didn't give u the tunner with it?
Just curious, you say it has 33k miles on it and was wondering what u spent on it. Only reason I'm asking is because I have an 05 and thinking of maybe selling. I have 30k on mine so what am I looking at
Old 05-20-2012, 11:17 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tkdstang
Yeah that's a Steeda cai, you bought car and guy didn't give u the tunner with it?
Just curious, you say it has 33k miles on it and was wondering what u spent on it. Only reason I'm asking is because I have an 05 and thinking of maybe selling. I have 30k on mine so what am I looking at
No tuner included. I just called my dealer and told him to find me one. He found this one on a lot a couple hundred miles away. Didn't buy it from an individual, might have been handy to visit with the guy who had it. Price was right at $18000 including 3% sales tax, dealer fees, delivery, etc. I looked around quite a bit, and felt like this was a pretty fair price here in Colorado. There were lots of higher mileage cars for cheaper, and newer cars for more money, but 05s were tough to come by. That being said, there is not a scratch on the car. It shows now wear at all. I figure it came with about 1500-2000 in wheels and tires. So I paid for condition, but I'm ok with that. I was bidding on cars on ebay, hoping to steal one. I was willing to fly to a thousand miles to pick one up, but didn't ever meet the reserve for one that I was interested in. I hear guys saying there are lots of 05s out there for 14000, but I sure couldn't find one.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Ok after driving with my tune for a couple months or so, I have to revive this thread. Been driving with the bamatunes race and performance tunes installed. The car seemed a little more drivable without the tune. Seems like I really have to wind her up to take off. Once we get going, everything is good.
So my first question is, since I wasn't throwing a code before the tune, can I go back? Will I be too lean?
The second question is, since I don't know if the car was dyno tuned or whatever before I purchased it, when I tell my SCT/X3 to go back to stock, it should go back to what it was when I purchased it (which I assume isn't stock since I didn't throw a code)...right?
Does any of this make sense?