Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random small things that other cars have and Mustangs should have

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Default Random small things that other cars have and Mustangs should have

There are a few small things other cars have that I wish Mustangs had and would make it a better car and shouldn't really necessarily have add to the price imo.

1. The unlock button on the key should roll down the windows if you hold it down.

And holding the lock button on the key should roll the windows up

2. The trunk should be easier to open or open automatically when you hit or hold the trunk unlock button.

3. Some protective coating/paint on the rear axle where its just raw rust colored metal would give it a better feeling of quality.

4. Better struts from the factory to reduce nose dive and acceleration squat/body roll and really tighten up its handling.

5. A bit stiffer/lower springs and less wheel gap without compromising the ground clearance.

6. Rear cup holder behind center console.

All these would add very minimal if any extra cost I would think.

Anyone have any other suggestions? IMO all these would improve Mustangs and add very little, if any, to the cost.

Last edited by Andy13186; 05-12-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Uhh - your trunk unlatch doesn't open your trunk?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Shift
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I think he means it unlocks but doesn't open up all the way on its own. Like that of a BMW.
OP: Little things in my opinion. Its the simple fact it is a Ford. The money comes from muscle car simplicity and raw engine power in GT bases. They keep it retro in style and you pay for the muscle feel. That being said, they are starting to move into more computer/tech based, and luxury interior and exterior improvements with the newer styles, especially that of the 2013. You would like the trunk to open on its own, us 05-09 guys would have loved a trunk release button in the car period. I have an aftermarket one in the glove compartment...
Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
well it pops it slightly open but you still have to lift it up. In some cars it opens fully automatically.

On my old maxima the trunk lid would basically float up, it was some wierd type of wire kind of lift system which was excellent. Basically you could give it a very small nudge and it would float up.

Last edited by Andy13186; 05-11-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

My 05 is the first car I've owned in 10+ years that doesn't have automatic headlights. What gives? I can drive like two blocks in the dark if I'm not paying attention.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Pope1122
1st Gear Member

How bad. You can change the gauges any damn color but the car doesn't tell the temperature? Haha wack. And it need radio buttons on steering wheel, old cars have that
Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
I think he means it unlocks but doesn't open up all the way on its own. Like that of a BMW.
OP: Little things in my opinion. Its the simple fact it is a Ford. The money comes from muscle car simplicity and raw engine power in GT bases. They keep it retro in style and you pay for the muscle feel. That being said, they are starting to move into more computer/tech based, and luxury interior and exterior improvements with the newer styles, especially that of the 2013. You would like the trunk to open on its own, us 05-09 guys would have loved a trunk release button in the car period. I have an aftermarket one in the glove compartment...
Yeah... I wonder what they were thinking. "Hey guys lets put leds in the car that change color!" "Wow that sounds like a good idea! Wait, what about a trunk release button?" "Nah, nobody uses their trunk these days."
Old 05-12-2012, 12:00 AM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I'll second the steering wheel stereo controls. I'm sure auto lights are an option, but what about the stereo controls? Is that an option?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Lights on the mirrors? You know....to appeal the females....
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JJP SuperStang
OP: Little things in my opinion. Its the simple fact it is a Ford. The money comes from muscle car simplicity and raw engine power in GT bases. They keep it retro in style and you pay for the muscle feel. That being said, they are starting to move into more computer/tech based, and luxury interior and exterior improvements with the newer styles, especially that of the 2013. You would like the trunk to open on its own, us 05-09 guys would have loved a trunk release button in the car period.[/B] I have an aftermarket one in the glove compartment...
+1000000000000

Quick Reply: Random small things that other cars have and Mustangs should have