Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reached my goal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:25 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

^^. Thanks man
Old 05-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
He has done an AMAZING job on his vehicle and did it ENTIRELY himself.

Very gifted person.
Much respect for your friend. I did every mod on my car as well, so I know how hard it is. The only time I pay for work is when it comes to tuning. I turn every nut and bolt.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Much respect for your friend. I did every mod on my car as well, so I know how hard it is. The only time I pay for work is when it comes to tuning. I turn every nut and bolt.

There is something special about doing the work yourself. I can also say with the help of my friends we have done every single mod except the 4.10s.

Diabolical, I have been looking at drag springs. How do yours handle for everyday driving compared to the stockers and did they lower the car at all? Would you recommend them?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:56 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

thanks for sharing video man, while im new, this might be a noob question, but are you running auto or stick tranny? I cant seem to hear you shift, either way, big props for the impressive number
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
There is something special about doing the work yourself. I can also say with the help of my friends we have done every single mod except the 4.10s.

Diabolical, I have been looking at drag springs. How do yours handle for everyday driving compared to the stockers and did they lower the car at all? Would you recommend them?
It's hard for me to say how they handle on the street for a couple of reasons. I almost never drive my car on the street. Also, I did several suspension mods at the same time. I installed rod-end lca's, adjustable struts and shocks, bump stops and drag springs all at the same time. I also have no front sway bar and a bmr xtreme anti roll in the rear, so my car rides like **** on the street, lol. I do have a friend who has a more streetable suspension with the eibach drag springs and he loves his setup for the street. As for lowering, I didn't see a difference at all and my rear end is still centered after installing the springs (still have stock panhard bar) so any change in height is negligible.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
thanks for sharing video man, while im new, this might be a noob question, but are you running auto or stick tranny? I cant seem to hear you shift, either way, big props for the impressive number
Auto with a torque convertor
Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle

I wish I could say the same but unfortunately I can't. I've done a few things myself such as replacing rotors, brakes, and brake lines. Which was easy. I had searched the topic a bit on the forums and it seemed that guys would catch air in there brake lines bc they didn't keep the master cylinder full. I dd have a dumb mistake but easy fix.

Id certainly like to do it but I've always been afraid that I couldn't get a task done and I don't know anyone that shares the same interests. Most of all cosmetic stuff has been done by me except painting the hood

Props to u guys though for having the knowledge to do those things urself and patience as I'm sure that's a biggie
Old 05-20-2012, 03:10 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Wow, great job dude!

sooo close to bottom 11's it's not even funny! Seriously quick!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Wow, great job dude!

sooo close to bottom 11's it's not even funny! Seriously quick!
Thanks man. how u liking the torque convertor. U had the charger to the track yet.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:26 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the insight Diablical.

Outcelj, I understand. I have a friend whom was a full blown mechanic.......makes it easy for me.

Quick Reply: Reached my goal!!!