Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dad said I broke the "Mustang Code"

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MissDVS
@Entaille I wasn't aware of the serverity, but I was aware they dont take kindly to street racing. They see the car, they know the power behind it, so I can't imagine them being happy with someone abusing the speed limit. but I do thank you for the concern.
Just don't be a dumbass (not saying you were..cause.. u weren't) and the cops won't bother you. I run my car with no front plates, lower than legal tint and louder than allowed and so far, no issues. But, I don't race. Also, I live in a small town where, "driving American" is the way of life. If I had done all this to a Civic, I'd be $5000 deep in tickets right now.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:44 PM
russellthelovemuscle
2nd Gear Member

if you don't want to drive fast you could always buy a honda and get way better fuel milage
Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Did you go to the RCMC show this past weekend?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:38 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
Hey same area as me and 07BlackGT and D'Prived
word!

What up miss?! We should line em up on 565. I'd love to get toasted by a girl in a five-oh
Old 05-23-2012, 10:50 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Nothing worse than when a nice Mustang pulls up next to you at a red light... you look, preparing to nod and chit chat for a second, but instead, you can see the guy is trying hard to NOT look over and just staring ahead.

The ****?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Nothing worse than when a nice Mustang pulls up next to you at a red light... you look, preparing to nod and chit chat for a second, but instead, you can see the guy is trying hard to NOT look over and just staring ahead.

The ****?
So true, I love making new mustang friends on the road, I hate it when the guy next to me is too cool to even look.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:02 AM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Hey man, sometimes its hard to ignore the "nod." don't feel bad. Its kind of funny though, my dad eggs me on to race when the time is right. His '69 SS rocks me all day though.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UofHmustang
Don't worry about it. I've had to swallow the ego and not race a few times in the last month since I've had mine. I guess at 31 I'm getting old(read boring) because I worry about killing someone or going to jail.
I haven't even been challenged yet (not that it would have made any difference, since I would have ignored it).
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Wil
So true, I love making new mustang friends on the road, I hate it when the guy next to me is too cool to even look.
Got my first thumbs up yesterday from a S95 owner as he passed and turned right at the next street. I waved, but I don't think he saw it.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 AM
MissDVS

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol initially I was going to say what is this girl talking about starting off in 2nd on an automatic! I am sure he told you that you broke the code so you don't hot rod his car.
Hey, for some reason pulling off in 2nd gear runs as smoothly as you would in 1st gear for me! I can't explain why, but if I start in first gear..I'll stall out or spin my tires real bad. I have to better at controlling how much gas I give it. I'm sure I'm probably doing some damage....some how

Quick Reply: Dad said I broke the "Mustang Code"