Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 "Base" Mustang Dashboard Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
JTN

Default 2013 "Base" Mustang Dashboard Question

Question for those who have "base" model V6'es and GT's... I know the 4" LCD screen between the gauges only comes on the premium model and the base package versions get a small digital display in the tach that holds the odometer. What data does that little display handle? Does it show complex stuff like average mpg and service interval stuff or is it just a simple odometer/trip odometer display?

I'm trying to figure out if I can live with a base model or a premium. Honestly I would probably use the fancy "track apps" like once then never again but something like a mpg display is really handy, as is service interval info.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
rm2092
1st Gear Member

Trust me if you can afford the Premium Pkg GET IT if not you will regret it every time you see a Mustsng with that Pkg.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
JTN

Honestly the only things the premium package offers me that I'd want are the slightly better stereo and the little 4" lcd screen in the dash. I'm not a fan of leather interiors and I doubt I'd use the sync stuff or many of the "track apps".
Old 05-25-2012, 12:24 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

It displays average mph, mpg consumption, approximate miles to empty, two different tripometers (A, B), and a fuel efficiency bar (looks like a cell phone strength bar).

The premium models also come with wireless sync for phones/mp3s, satin interior accents, leather seats, and shaker 500 stereo.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:28 PM
JTN

Originally Posted by jthorn9
It displays average mph, mpg consumption, approximate miles to empty, two different tripometers (A, B), and a fuel efficiency bar (looks like a cell phone strength bar).

The premium models also come with wireless sync for phones/mp3s, satin interior accents, leather seats, and shaker 500 stereo.
The BASE package display does all that or just the Premium with the 4" screen? What you are describing sounds like the premium package display that I saw online.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

That's the premium. The base package has just he basic odometer and tachometer. No interior accents, cloth seats, and POS Ford radio.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JTN
'm not a fan of leather interiors and I doubt I'd use the sync stuff.
I used to think the same thing about sync, it gave me fits for a while but once you have your phone set up on it it's actually great. All calls come straight thru the car stereo and it sends your music from your phone to the stereo and you can control it with the steering wheel buttons . As for the leather, it's easier to keep clean and will likely get you a higher resale-trade in when you are ready for something new.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Only my wife uses the sync, I'm old fashioned and use only the radio and CD player. But the Shaker 500 is well worth it, the factory POS radio stinks.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:56 PM
tenfifteen
1st Gear Member

There's a lot more than that; also has AFR, inlet temp, oil temp, oil press, voltage, trans temp (for automatics), cyl head temp. Fuel economy breaks out as both current and historical. Track Apps. Informational stuff pops up there, like door ajar and rear parking aid. Then all your vehicle settings, like MyColor/MyKey, oil light reset, steering feel adjustment, etc., etc.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:20 AM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JTN
The BASE package display does all that or just the Premium with the 4" screen? What you are describing sounds like the premium package display that I saw online.
first part is what the base does, i have the base.
tells ya avg mph, trip od A+B, the fuel econ bar, oil life

the premium adds:

Originally Posted by tenfifteen
There's a lot more than that; also has AFR, inlet temp, oil temp, oil press, voltage, trans temp (for automatics), cyl head temp. Fuel economy breaks out as both current and historical. Track Apps. Informational stuff pops up there, like door ajar and rear parking aid. Then all your vehicle settings, like MyColor/MyKey, oil light reset, steering feel adjustment, etc., etc.

Quick Reply: 2013 "Base" Mustang Dashboard Question