Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minor mods done.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Default Minor mods done.

Put on CS scoops, MMD Eleanor scoops, and a CAI and tune

First off, let me just say that the tune severely impressed me. I thought that since I have a 5 speed, it wouldn't make nearly the same difference as my old v6 auto's tune did, but, it was every bit as effective as the tune on the last car was.

However, the extra performance isn't what really got me going on this tune. The exhaust noise is a full octave or more lower. It went from a drone, to a roar. Instead of the car having a reluctant scream when flooring it, it has an aggressive "I want more" rumble. IMO it is the best exhaust I've heard, and I'm not even being biased because its my own car.

Second, the install on the Eleanor scoops was horrible. It was endless 3M tape peeling. They don't give you enough adhesion promoter, either. Oh, and the optional scoop grilles were such a pain that I only put on the grilles at the rear. Making it even more frustrating, they're nearly impossible to get JUST right. I have a few millimeters of window outline showing. Less than half a centimeter, and not that anyone would notice outside of a show, but it gets my OCD acting up. Once its on with the adhesion promoter, it isn't moving. I tried to push it back a bit, and ended up moving my car. However, despite the difficulties, I think they're worth it. I'm only giving them 4 stars on AM for the install, but they're great looking.

The CS scoops are a lot easier to install. It comes with the 3M tape already in place. Still not enough adhesion promoter, but it got the job done. If your hand isn't steady, get someone else to put them on. I accidentally got my passenger door stuck. I got that one to give way, however, and the door clears it now.

I only have a little to say about the JTL Series 3 CAI. First off, install the heat shield, then put the tube through the hole for it, then put on the air filter, THEN attach it to the throttle body. Oh, you can't just install it by your gut. You have to read the directions for it. Yes, I know, who the hell reads the directions? Which is why I had my girlfriend read them for me.

Overall, the best grand I ever spent. I was at a gas station tonight and some guy even stopped to compliment me on it.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

Great lookin car man. Scoops and wheels really add to it.
but are your front calipers painted and your rears not?
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06gtdamon
Great lookin car man. Scoops and wheels really add to it.
but are your front calipers painted and your rears not?
First owner of the car... I hate it. I bet I can sand it without taking the wheel off. I'll try that sometime.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 PM
06gtdamon
2nd Gear Member

Id just jack the car up and take the wheels off. sand down the rear calipers some, then use caliper or engine paint to match them with the fronts.
That red adds to the mean look of your car.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06gtdamon
Id just jack the car up and take the wheels off. sand down the rear calipers some, then use caliper or engine paint to match them with the fronts.
That red adds to the mean look of your car.
Yeah, but red isn't the color scheme I'm going for haha.

I'm looking for ghost purple stripes - so dark they're almost black.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Looks damn good, I'm digging those wheels too. I'm a big fan of those cs side scoops!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
CAR-15
2nd Gear Member

Looks good, glad you got your camera working again since it was toast the other day. Pics of tire slashes?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CAR-15
Looks good, glad you got your camera working again since it was toast the other day. Pics of tire slashes?
Will post soon (as in, by Saturday)

You know how these damn smartphones work. I ended up deleting all the apps and everything started working again.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:51 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Looks good but I think u need a different hood to go with the styling of your car. What can I say I enjoy getting others to spend there money
Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Looks good but I think u need a different hood to go with the styling of your car. What can I say I enjoy getting others to spend there money
I know haha

I was thinking a KR style hood of some sort

But I'm broke.

Next thing I'm changing is the spoiler.

Quick Reply: Minor mods done.