Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012-2013 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League Sign-Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

1) Divisional leaders are in.. if its good enough for the NFL, its good enough for us.
2) Points is a good 1st tiebreak. It awards the teams that kick *** all year but got hosed due to teams having their best week ever, over and over aginst them. Like I had happen to me in another league. Overall point leader for all 12 teams but, missed the playoffs.
3)We already do that in the lower.. worked out good.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:38 PM
xkape
4th Gear Member

As a sidenote.. in the lower, being the overall point leader there as well, I would be pissed if I didn't make it. Just doesn't seem fair I put the best team out there but get hosed cause everyone decided to have 200 point wins against em when they normally average like 120.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Roys07GT
1st Gear Member

My Votes:

- Question 1: All division winners get in to this years playoffs or just the best overall teams?
Best overall record for this year

- Question 2: First tiebreaker is total points for our head to head record?
Sounds good to me

- Question 3: Alter the season next year so that you play divisional opponents twice and then non-divisional opponents once, at random, or leave it random as is?
I like the idea of divisional opponents twice, then random non-divisional, with the winner of each division making the playoffs.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
sonicx
speed'n

I agree thus far with whats be said. Glad to see this thread woke up ahaha.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:47 PM
anderman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT

- Question 1: All division winners get in to this years playoffs or just the best overall teams?

- Question 2: First tiebreaker is total points for followed by our head to head record (if the teams played)?

- Question 3: Alter the season next year so that you play divisional opponents twice and then non-divisional opponents once, at random, or leave it random as is?
1. It should be division winners.

2. Total points for is good.

3. We should play division opponents twice
Old 12-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I like the way you have Division 2 setup as is, for the most part. Division leaders all go to the playoffs, and the wildcards go to the best records. Though there is something that I don't know if you can do...

So

Question 1: Division leaders.

Question 2: Head to Head record > Points For. So your question but in reverse. Team A beat Team B but team B has more points for so they go to the playoffs? Seems silly.

Question 3: I played my divisional opponents twice, and then everyone else once... So not sure what you are suggesting be changed? But I like that part as is.

Last edited by Menace; 12-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
As a sidenote.. in the lower, being the overall point leader there as well, I would be pissed if I didn't make it. Just doesn't seem fair I put the best team out there but get hosed cause everyone decided to have 200 point wins against em when they normally average like 120.
This week was make-or-break for me. Team Mikaelian would have had to lose as well (if I lost) in order for me to beat him for the tie-breaker to get in as the 6th seed. He beat out my Divisional leader, and I beat you so that tied with my Divisional leader who now isn't going to the playoffs. That is how it should be (despite him having a better record than most)

It's all about having wins, not having points scored... so I think head to head record should be the first tie-breaker followed by points for.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the votes, keep them coming!

Just a disclaimer, the playoff brackets on the league page aren't set in stone. I will adjust them based on the opinions received here (if they need to be adjusted).
Old 12-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Entrenched
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
I like the way you have Division 2 setup as is, for the most part. Division leaders all go to the playoffs, and the wildcards go to the best records. Though there is something that I don't know if you can do...

So

Question 1: Division leaders.

Question 2: Head to Head record > Points For. So your question but in reverse. Team A beat Team B but team B has more points for so they go to the playoffs? Seems silly.

Question 3: I played my divisional opponents twice, and then everyone else once... So not sure what you are suggesting be changed? But I like that part as is.
I like this set up. I wouldn't change the playoff standings this year, some may cry foul (not me, I won my division)
Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 PM
emin
2nd Gear Member

Team Mikaelian here,

I think it should go to the top overall record

Mainly because I am 8-5 overall but last in North, whilest someone is 5-8 in first and 3-10 in second in the South Division and they will qualify. I don't really see the logic behind that but I am more of a basketball guy than a football guy, so maybe I am lacking some football knowledge

You can just take the top overall PCT and go with that to keep it fair.

Tie breaker idea seems fine.

Quick Reply: 2012-2013 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League Sign-Up